UT3 Testing Help Needed!! DM-AlienFlowBeta

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hieloco

Jan 22, 2008
San Salvador, El Salvador
Hello everyone!

I have just completed the first gameplay iteration of my upcoming map, DM-AlienFlowBeta (working title), that I want to enter into the MSUC! The idea is to make a fast and furious Arena style level for 2 or 3 players max, with lots of z-axis play, and with a colorful, non-industrial theme, for god's sake! As of now, the version that I'm releasing is a fugly BSP shell (making the map an alpha actually... oh well), but I wanted to really nail the gameplay before I added any nice graphics whatsoever.

And that's where you come in, my fluffy little friends! :D

I was wondering if there were some brave, enthusiastic UT3 players (or at least some guys with nothing better to do) that might want to help me out by testing the level and giving me their feedback. I have some particular questions, and they are detailed in the readme included in the zip.

The map has full bot support, so it can be played offline. I don't know if when cooking it, the thing got optimized for PS3, so :eek: hmmm... I would recommend to play it only on the PC, to be safe.

The download link is the following:

http://files.filefront.com/13389669

And well, I don't know if they are actually worth posting, but since it's the proper thing to do, here are some screenies! :rolleyes:

Attachments

• AlienFlowBeta1.jpg
    AlienFlowBeta1.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 97
  • AlienFlowBeta2.jpg
    AlienFlowBeta2.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 82
  • AlienFlowBeta3.jpg
    AlienFlowBeta3.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

hieloco

Jan 22, 2008
Thanks!

Hello Kazimira!

Thanks for your comment! I was wondering, did you find the map's general scale ok? As in, did you feel tiny in relation to the level, or maybe gigantic?

That is my greatest point of concern right now, since I recently started playing UT3 (I prefer 2004), so I don't have a solid grasp on scale for UT3 yet. :rolleyes:

Kazimira

Necris Fan
Dec 13, 2008
UK
kazumitsu.deviantart.com
It seems hard to get up to the higher levels quite a risk with everyone else trying to kill you but well worth it. Not exactly possable to dodge up there but still well worth it when you get there. The alcoves for respawn points are a great idea. The art style seems much like something out of the old game fade to black. I really wish you luck on this.

hieloco

Jan 22, 2008
Thanks for the feedback Kazimira!

Hmmm... now that you mention the dodging it might be something I'll fiddle with for the next beta.

I'll try also making the sniper rifle more enticing, since right now nobody even cares for it. That and shortening the distance to the armor on the other side might make going up much more tempting and worthwhile!

Again, thanks for your comments, and of course now you have a spot in the readme! :D