FFX-2 out in 3 days!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Ooh my goodness, w00t! Didn't realize FFX-2 was out so soon. I just pre-ordered it from ebgames.com FFX-2 is basically part two of Final Fantasy X, it is a single player game that is exclusive to the playstation 2. Not really much to talk about, just that I hope that it turns out to be a great game, and knowing squaresoft I bet it will be. I can't wait to get my hands on it and play it, I have been waiting for FFX-2 for a long time. :)

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
I have to play FFX first before I can play FFX2. But even before that, I need to buy a PS2 so I can even play either of those in the first place. I've been trying to get various people to buy me one, but my requests seem to be failing...

Super Feen

probably not a skrull
Jun 23, 2001
Erection Cove
I was kind of put-off by the gameplay and whole style of the game but I'll buy it just because subconciously I must own everything FF:con:

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
ps2.ign.com gave it a 9.6/10 :)

For those that are wondering, there are literally dozens upon dozens of side quests this time. With something like 10-15 cities and locations to visit for each of the 5 chapters in the game, FFX-2 is huge and will take a lot longer to complete then FFX did, and that is saying a lot, because FFX took about 60 hours to complete if you did just the main story line and skipped the side quests.

Last edited:

Super Feen

probably not a skrull
Jun 23, 2001
Erection Cove
got it yesterday and I'm somewhere in the Second Chapter, I'm wondering if I missed Paine's super clothes sphere cuz I got Rikku's and Yuna's in that mission for the Syndicate outfits but not Paine's:hmm:

Right now I'm stuck in Leblanc's hideout place, when I fight all 3 of them together I get my ass handed to me by their teamup move.

I like the battle one-liners a lot more than FFX, Yuna: "I fight dirty!":lol:

Arcturus

Not From Bloody Starcraft
Jan 23, 2000
Totally Not Korhal IV
Damn you Americans and your several-months-before-us release dates!

*twiddles his thumbs in anticipation of FFX-2's Euro release in Feb 04*

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Are you really sure it's not Feb '05 ... ? ;)
// --

btw : do the targets *eh* monsters still line up in neat little rows just to get slaughtered ?

Arcturus

Jan 23, 2000
Totally Not Korhal IV
A_Rimmerlister said:
Are you really sure it's not Feb '05 ... ? ;)

Don't get me started on Square's neglection of UK/Europe, (which has actually improved lately, but still,) it's very bloody annoying.

Anyway, no, it's definately been confirmed for February next year. So woo! :)

Last edited:

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Hyrulian Hero said:
You should also be upset at how the Japanese got it almost a year before the Americans did.

And they still didn't beat it!

I've never been a fan of the FF series. Hell I don't even think I ever played a Final Fantasy game. I watched a friend play FFX for a few minutes but that was about it. The only thing that turns me off is the turn based fighting and random battles. I still don't see how people can enjoy this. "Let me stand here while I let you hit me, and then you can stand there while you let me hit you and then we can repeat" "Oh and we won't actually hit you, we'll only choose the command to hit you and let the computer do the actual hitting for us". Then I try to walk around exploring the environment but I am constantly interupted by random battles... It never stops! Just let me explore damnit! =/

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Well there are items that solve the problem of monsters attacking. FF has always been about strategic thinking rather then using quick reflexs and skill. Some monsters for example can only be hurt under certain conditions or when you use certain attacks or spells. It's never as simple as just hit the monster and the monster hits back.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Maybe I'll try it I dunno. Like I said I never even played any of them.

Do I have to know the story of the past games or can I just dive right into this new one?

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
None of the FF games are related in anyway, besides of course FFX and FFX-2. You wont need to have played FFX though to get into X-2.

Both games take place in the same world, but they are very much different, you will visit a lot of the locations from FFX, but just atmopshere in X-2 is much a lot different. For example, in FFX, the NPC's are sad, depressed and afraid because of this magical monster called Sin, after FFX however Sin is defeated and that is where FFX-2 starts off. So everyone in FFX-2 is happy and wanting to adventure, it is something they have never done for many generations. You'll get a good fill in anyways into what happened in FFX from playing FFX-2. The NPC's make it a point to always remember the past, the story line is FFX and X-2 is the deepest story line of any FF game so far. It isnt something I can really explain, you gotta play it for yourself to understand.

Arcturus

Jan 23, 2000
Totally Not Korhal IV
Hyrulian Hero said:
You should also be upset at how the Japanese got it almost a year before the Americans did.

Yes, that kind of sucks, but the America - Europe delay upsets me more.

They do need a bit of time to create the English voice acting and such, so I can see why there'd be a bit of delay (although a years delay is pretty excessive) between the American and Japanese releases. But the only thing they need to do between the European and American versions is a bit of language translation and converting it over to PAL. Personally, I think for a company as big as Square, that job shouldn't take as long as it does. Did I mention the PAL conversions are usually horribly done? We get halved framerates and ugly black borders, you know. Count yourselves lucky, Americans and Japanese peeps. Oh, did I mention FF6 took about 8 years to be released over here? :)

Damn, I'm ranting again. I'd better shut up before I rupture something.

Last edited:

KJAX

Gamer 4 Life
tool said:
None of the FF games are related in anyway, besides of course FFX and FFX-2. You wont need to have played FFX though to get into X-2.

Both games take place in the same world, but they are very much different, you will visit a lot of the locations from FFX, but just atmopshere in X-2 is much a lot different. For example, in FFX, the NPC's are sad, depressed and afraid because of this magical monster called Sin, after FFX however Sin is defeated and that is where FFX-2 starts off. So everyone in FFX-2 is happy and wanting to adventure, it is something they have never done for many generations. You'll get a good fill in anyways into what happened in FFX from playing FFX-2. The NPC's make it a point to always remember the past, the story line is FFX and X-2 is the deepest story line of any FF game so far. It isnt something I can really explain, you gotta play it for yourself to understand.

I somewhat disagree with you, tool. I think it helps alot to play through FFX first before playing X-2. Yes, they fill you in on the story from FFX but it takes a while for that to happen. Knowing what these characters went through in the last game makes FFX-2 all the more amazing.