Sentinel ASR-75 robot Voice Pack v0.1a

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lopar-XL

Currently trying to mend my mind, etc.
Jul 8, 2005
USA
profile.imageshack.us
Sentinel ASR-75 robot Voice Pack v0.2 [UPDATED]

Name: Sentinel
Version: BETA v0.2
Compatibility: UT2004
Description: The Sentinel ASR-75 was introduced into the Unreal Tournaments by a Liandri Engineer who wanted to see how well their advanced security robots would compete in a combat sport environment. The ASR series was a variation on the MBR main battle robot series to be made available for public purchase and license, albeit with limited cababilities as required by NEG law. Sentinel was infused with additional assault and weapons programs, as well as slightly improved chassis armor. For reasons unknown to Liandri, the ASR-75 had deserted the tournament stable and decided to work freelance. 1It is rumored that it is now under the employ of Xan Kerigor and his Blood Fist team.
Comments: This one was made using my own voice recorded in GoldWave and modified with some filters. When I made this VP I was inspired by the more aggressive and hostile robots of sci-fi, as opposed to the passive, non-sentient model in my Robot-XL/Obso1337 voice pack. I don't want to copy all of the taunts from UT2K4's Robot voice pack, but I seem to be running out of ideas for a decent bot VP at the moment. The VP may be "plain vanilla" right now, but when the final release comes around I'm sure I'll find something better. That said, it is a fully functional VP with sounds for everything. I just need some more time and ideas to make it "just right".

I had originally intended on including this VP with a model/skin for the game, but my 3D modelling skills are...uh...intolerably bad. Thus far I only have concept art for Sentinel.

Version History
v0.2
* Changed one taunt ("This is a restricted area...")
* Added 3 new Acks.
* Added 2 new FFires.
* Added 3 new Taunts.

v0.1a
* This is the first public beta release of Sentinel.
Screenshot: N/A, only concept art for the model
Credits: Paul Catalano for his amazing Voice Packager, the folks at GoldWave for their superb recording and editing software, probably more people that I'm sorry to say I can't think of now :(
Homepage: Nation Narrow Net and CVP
Download: Nation Narrow Net, RapidShare

Last edited:

Lopar-XL

Jul 8, 2005
USA
profile.imageshack.us
CyMek said:
Nice pack.

The sounds are all cool. Very beliveable as a bad-ass robot. It really needs a custom model though.

Thanks for the compliments. Like I said in the post, I'd like a custom model for this one but I'm no good at modeling, and I feel ashamed for asking someone to make one for me. :(

CyMek

Dead but not gone.
Jan 4, 2004
cymek.deviantart.com
THere are people who are lookng to do something with 3d modeling.... you should post in the mod recruitment section, and get someone on the project. It's a great pack, but a custom model would really be awesome for this. I think its too good not to try.

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
Hey Lopar, I've downloaded this but have yet to find time to check it out. I'm a big fan of your LoparXL and Apone vps though so I'm sure it'll be worth the dl. A new robot type voice is one thing I always wanted so I'll give better feedback once I've played it a bit ;)

Lopar-XL

Jul 8, 2005
USA
profile.imageshack.us
Thanks. I still havn't gotten around to finishing this one. I can't now because I'm running Ubuntu. Ah...maybe it'll never be done. There are some things I'd like to change, though.