The Lord of the Rings movie

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What did you think of the movie?

• It was great!

Votes: 23 76.7%
  • It was long... a two bathroom break movie

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I'm in England

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters

BangOut

...smells like groin.
Nov 4, 2001
Right behind you...
I haven't been this excited for a movie since The Phantom Menace, but after seeing TFotR, Star Wars seems hollow and vapid, not to mention childish. It's not the second coming like many people say but it was a good three hours.

GoldenMouse

Mad Hatter
Nov 14, 2001
Backwoods Ohio
Visit site
Going to see it this weekend, and it is one of the only films that I'm psyched for. I mean, when was the last time that a studio took a fantasy story seriously? Each fantasy movie to date has been on a low budget, and has ridden entirely on the name. This one was actually taken seriously, I could swoon of happiness.

Skorch

Banned
Feb 5, 2000
Haven't seen it yet, but I loved the books, including the silmarillion...

...glad to hear Gandalf finally got the hang of that silly sleeve spring...

I guess I have to admit the English have damn good writers. And I'm glad they speak American....

Evil_Cope

For the Win, motherfather!
Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by Skorch
Haven't seen it yet, but I loved the books, including the silmarillion...

...glad to hear Gandalf finally got the hang of that silly sleeve spring...

I guess I have to admit the English have damn good writers. And I'm glad they speak American....

roflmao :lol:

lucifix

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
Nov 3, 2001
A Deeper Kind Of Slumber
www.geocities.com
im not that familiar with it and im not a fan so i dont care if it sucks or not. in a way it looks good and in a way it looks gay, but i will probably rent it when it comes to video..........

Evil_Cope

For the Win, motherfather!
Aug 24, 2001
id say it was an important enough film to fork out to watch at the cinema, even if you arent already a fan.

BangOut

...smells like groin.
Nov 4, 2001
Right behind you...
Originally posted by lucifix
im not that familiar with it and im not a fan so i dont care if it sucks or not. in a way it looks good and in a way it looks gay, but i will probably rent it when it comes to video..........

grr! everything in life is worthless! i frown at all! arrr!

BangOut

...smells like groin.
Nov 4, 2001
Right behind you...
unless you have a bitchin' home theater system, i'd say you're missing out

i couldn't reccomend Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within (poo poo sotryline) to rent or own, but in the first few rows of a theater with the sound blasting and special effects on screen taking up your field of vision... that's coolness

lucifix

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
Nov 3, 2001
A Deeper Kind Of Slumber
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by BangOut
unless you have a bitchin' home theater system, i'd say you're missing out

i couldn't reccomend Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within (poo poo sotryline) to rent or own, but in the first few rows of a theater with the sound blasting and special effects on screen taking up your field of vision... that's coolness
true, but i hate people and spending money so......

Sven_ya!

From the land of sky-blue wa-AH-ters!
Nov 7, 2001
Minneapolis, MN
www.planetquake.com
From a geek friend of mine on LotR:

"This displaces Star Wars as my #1 movie of all time."

From a non-geek friend of mine on LotR:

"I don't have a #1 movie ... but I've got a top ten. I've also got a top 5 ... this one's definitely in the top 3 ... perhaps even topping Ferris Beuller's Day Off."

Not to sound hyperbolusly silly ... but you're an idiot loser if you don't see this movie.

:)

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
OMFG THAT MOVIE FUCKING OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First 5 minutes, dropped my jaw as I looked on in wonder at the computer animated battle scenes. Every inch of this movie was crawling with genuine character from teh books and stunning, and I MEAN STUNNING visuals. Holy **** all 3 of the towers were perfect!!!!!! GOD I LOVE THIS MOVIE. This exceeded my very high expectations. I saw it at 4pm yesterday (19th). and i already wanna see it again. Lucifix, you may not like some of the elvish stuff, but the BALROG SCENE IS WORTH IT! I would say it was better than the book. :)

My brother is the biggest star wars fan in the history of ...well that i know anyway, and he liked this better than Episode 4 even tho he didn't like the book ( he only read the first) so I think that cinches it. If the second two are this good, there's no reason why this won't be the best trilogy in the history of movie making. my current #1's are starwars 4-6 and indiana jones, but I get the feeling this will displace both :)

GOD IT WAS so AWWESSOOMME!!!!! *sigh* I can't wait to see it again.

Sven_ya!

From the land of sky-blue wa-AH-ters!
Nov 7, 2001
Minneapolis, MN
www.planetquake.com
Originally posted by Hourences
there is no law on seeing movies, you see what you want too see, i can say the same about you, you cant use ued, then your a noob, the same ....its all about opinion

Well, yes ... with most things it's all just an opinion.

But, when it comes to this movie, it's simply a hard-and-cold fact that those who don't see it are not complete and probably have major psychological issues ... and are probably ugly, too.