Tactics for Assault.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpt.Pike

Dec 2, 1999
Visit site
Just curious if anyone had any suggestions or could point me to a place with tips on being a better assault player.

thx for you help

BoBVila ]|[ Arena

Dec 2, 1999
Visit site
Hmm I'll give ya a few...

Its best to attack in a wave, ie don't go for the objective by yourself. It makes you easy to kill.

Play good defense. hehe Seriously, its good to defend with the RL in a tight spot so no one can pass...a few maps have this sorta thing where there is only one entry.

Thrakkorzog

Nov 11, 1999
Visit site
As for defense, and falling back to appropriate positions. I had to learn where all the objective points were located. When I first tried Assault, without seeing the maps before, I didn't know where to go on offense or defense.

Hopefully with experience, people will recognize the strategic points to the maps.

bullet2.gif

"It's 'Thrakkorzog'! With a 'K'!"

Thrakkorzog

Nov 11, 1999
Visit site
Just a tip for assault tactics in the single-player game. When I first tried Assault in the SP Tournament mode, I set orders for all my teammates to Cover Me. I thought that they would stick with me and we would attack in a wave like mentioned above. The problem was, if I died, my teammates would no longer attack, and often backtrack to find me at the respawn point. So now I just order all to attack, and if I die, they keep going.

bullet2.gif

"It's 'Thrakkorzog'! With a 'K'!"

lipton

Nov 21, 1999
asheville nc usa
Visit site
make 2 diff teams ..and go in diff routes *if able to do this* .. that way either you'll devide the opposing team .. OR run into the entire opposing team *doh!* but that means your teammates will have an easier time getting where they are going

bongzilla

Nov 25, 1999
Visit site
Defend the base is definately the one thing that most people have trouble doing. If people would learn to defend it would be much better. Watch how the bots defend overlord, dropping back as objectives are taken

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
Firstly let me just say that I played Assault for the first time earlier today, and it rocks HARD!

Anyway, as for tips, I've found that in SP if you tell all your teammates to attack, they can do so while you stay back and provide some support. If you do this, they'll have a better chance of getting through with less obstacles in their way.

Lanik

Nov 27, 1999
Austin, TX USA
www.austinfd.com
Defend! And don't defend where the final objective is, defend right where the assaulting team is spawning.

If you don't do that in Overlord for example, they will get to the Boiler Room and at that point all is lost because they will be spawning close to the Cavern Gun. As the defending team, you should waste as much of the assaulting team's time as possible. This goes for many other maps.

Defending where there is an autocannon is extremely effective. It more than doubles your firepower and if the attacker has to dodge your fire, it is just that much more likely the autocannon will take them out. On the level where you light the fuse...it is very effective for the entire team to just fire constantly at the opening. We did this earlier and no one was able to get to the outer hallways in the full 5 minutes.

Ritz

Cracka
Nov 10, 1999
miami, FL
Visit site
For single player, speech bind one key to tell the bots 'attack', and one for 'cover me'. Order them to cover you, and wait for them to group around you. Then give the attack order, so you all go at once.

Repeat /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.