Am I the only person to customize my bots?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kingrames

Feb 28, 2000
Richardson, TX 75080
There's got to be somebody else out there who does. I named mine after people I knew, friends, family, I made up a few names, and yet every screenshot I see has the original bots' names on it. Did anybody else out there do what I did?

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
Sure as hell I customize my bots, I wouldn't think that nobody does; when I'm able to change my appearance, I also want to change the appearance of my enemies/allies.
Just left a few original names I liked.

Does anybody too have a Bill-Gates-Bot?(enemy of course), or am I the only madman around here?

Snakeye

thornz

Inhuman...yes indeed
Dec 14, 1999
outer circle of hades
members.aol.com
dangit, I posted something similar to this and nobody responded!
http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~unreal/modcentral/html/Forum22/HTML/000048.html

anyway, mine are all named dumb stuff. I have a skaarj hybrid called cartman who I gave the cartman voice pack (the funniest thing I have ever heard), a Nali called Goro and a Nali called Spunky, a bunch of other Skaarj's called Brittany, Spanky, Precious, and Bo Bo. I had a bunch of cows called burger king and pissy cow also until I realized I felt kinda bad killing them.

as far as customizing, I'm trying to find a happy medium. Experienced is the setting I want, but I get killed instantly by groups of bots in CTF. Getting a bot to follow you and cover you in groups is impossible, so it's me vs. 3 bots usually. However on the average setting I can stand in front of a bot for like a minute and not get killed. Theyre too dumb to get other weapons before attacking, and the M9 isnt too strong. The run out of bullets and then pull the pin on the grenade but forget to throw it. Brilliant.
rolleyes.gif

oh well

I have edited this message twice and still the stupid smilies won't work right. I give up.

[This message has been edited by thornz (edited 02-28-2000).]

Kingrames

Feb 28, 2000
Richardson, TX 75080
I named some of mine after friends and family, others i just made up names or used the name that corresponded to the face. Don't get me wrong, i'm not some sicko, but it's fun to frag friends and family. If it wasn't, FPS games wouldn't sell. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Anyways, the one bot who has become my arch-nemesis is The Count, who is using one of the necro skins, i forget what they're called, but he prefers the minigun and has incredible accuracy. I also gave each bot an assigned team and i never choose to balance the teams when i play. I love doing team last man standing in DM-city. You guys should try it.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
PLEASE ANSWER THIS ONE!!!!!

how do I get a bot to use a grenade??????
just post the settings you use for the bot who uses them - or whatever might be doing him do it.
I really played a lot, but never found a bot using grenades, even if I give them some as standard. Acually I'm the only one who uses grenades(and not too often, because I prefer the M9 over the grenades - can be a jolly deadly weapon, also in the hands of a bot)

By the way; I play Experienced or Skilled(depends on how often I want to respawn) usually in CTF-Lavagiant with at least 16-30 bots(some more with the enemy team of course). Wouldn't say I get killed too often - but I don't try to get the flag, I just want to kill someone, preferably by sniping him/her with the psg or robar.

Which maps do you play??????(if they aren't included perhaps tell me where you got them from..)

I modified all 32 bots - including names, skins, and preferred weapons - by the way: all preferred weapons are INF-weapons.

Snakeye

Kingrames

Feb 28, 2000
Richardson, TX 75080
Here's a good one: I can't get bots to show up past bot number 21. This is really weird, because bot 21 barely ever shows up even in 16-17 player games. If you customized all 32 bots, do they all show up? if so, I need to send another e-mail to the utbugs place.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
Well, all my 32 bots show up in the bot config menu in UT - but only since I edited them by hand in the user.ini file; before I did this, I only was able to configure the first 16 - hell knows why.
The only real advantage of the user.ini file is the possibility to use INF weapons for your bots as favourite weapons(just important to get the right name - found it in some other .ini file, I think)
I really was sick of every bot using the M16 as soon as he got it - now they still like the M16(especially the ones with Psg1/Robar as favourites), but they also like to use the Benelli and the MP5 and the HK69 - adds more fun to the game.

BTW:
The lines above are in no way an insult to the M16. It is(up to date) my fav botsmasher - especially because of the great sound, THANKS NEO(INF_NEO?)!!

------------------
anything you do can get you killed, including doing nothing

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
Another thing:
If you need more bots, type 'addbots No'(No is the number of bots you want to add) in the console during the game.
Try this not on slow machines with explosive ammo on and ammo drop on - I actually have a PII-450/128MB RAM, and turned off the ammo drop and explosive ammo(although I really liked it..)because more bots are more fun - especially on CTF-Lavagiant I can't get enough of that wonderful duff, ahh bots..

Snakeye

------------------

Kingrames

Feb 28, 2000
Richardson, TX 75080
Ha ha... you have a really fast computer.
I'm running UT on a P 200 with NO 3D CARD.
I can get 4 or 5 bots at good speed at 800*600, but i usually play at 400*300 with low texture graphics(except for the skins) and it runs great. 'bout the same speed as a p2 333 with a v32k(voodoo 3 2000 pci). pretty funny, actually, although in order to play online, even with my cable modem i have to make a few sacrifices detail-wise.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
ouch; UT really works on a P200?
please say no, please say no.
I have one where I study, but I thought it wasn't capable of UT - the reason why I have it there, keeps me from playing INF all the time.
Still I wouldn't consider my system that fast; it runs quite good - my Voodoo3 2000 AGP makes it run smoothly with up to 28 or 30 bots on CTF-Lavagiant - it only slown down when mass of ammo exploses(the reason I turned that off - although I really liked to see the bots flying around when an M9 bullet lit all the ammo below them - hehe

Snakeye

------------------

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
Whatever;
What's the name of your favourite bot?
Especially when you play team games.
Which skin did you give him?
Which voice?

What skin do you choose for yourself??
questions, questions and questions.

please answer, all you infiltrators out there

Snakeye /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

------------------

Kingrames

Feb 28, 2000
Richardson, TX 75080
My favorite bot... that's a tough one.

But there is a bot that looks and sounds exactly like a friend of mine. her name is zara. And the female commando with the face nikita looks just like my sister. I don't really have a favorite though, unless you count the first 16 bots /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Did you want to know what I named them all? I think I have a list around somewhere