Importing Sound files

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Artician

worldbuilder
Jun 15, 2003
www.creathcarter.com
Ive seen this asked a couple more times in various places on the forum, but none of the answers to previous posts help.

I am importing a sound file into UED. The sound file will not appear in the Sound browser. It is in WAV format, and I have tried importing in 16 and 8 bit mono and stereo, but none of the formats work.

I read elsewhere that UED no longer supports "module music" in another post. Does this go for sound effects as well? Does that mean I will need to supply the sound file seperately so the end users can place it in their sound directory?

Many thanks in advance for the help.

Artician

worldbuilder
Jun 15, 2003
www.creathcarter.com
I fixed it by following the advice of another thread; moving the wav file to my root C drive and importing. The first time I tried this it did not work, but it seems fine now.

dj_ely

Apr 26, 2005
Newcastle Upon Tyne
www.chriselias.com
Hi, Yea i've got the same problem. I've got a few sounds i want to inport some of which are taken from other maps/mods (i.e. thunder, rain etc) i've placed them in my Ut2004 sounds file and tried to import and they don't show up, i've also tried them in my ut2004 file with no luck.
Any Suggestions???

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
brunomartelli said:
It needs to be in the unrealEd Sounds folder to import
No.
dj_ely said:
Hi, Yea i've got the same problem. I've got a few sounds i want to inport some of which are taken from other maps/mods (i.e. thunder, rain etc) i've placed them in my Ut2004 sounds file and tried to import and they don't show up, i've also tried them in my ut2004 file with no luck.
Any Suggestions???
Make sure your sound files have the correct format (11, 22 or 44kHz; 8 or 16bit, Mono, PCM) and put them in a path that doesn't contain space characters - this goes for the filename as well.