Unreal 2 server system requirements

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mind Maze

May 6, 2001
Visit site
I think you´ll need a pretty nasa PC to run a U2 server, especially with 32 people playing. And with 32 people playing, a pretty light speed connection.

flare

Banned
Aug 4, 2000
Visit site
yeah DUH you think? :p

now that I think about it, I think people are going to have a hard time running unreal 2 servers. there sure isnt going to be a whole lot for a while.

Zaphrod

President of the Universe
Sep 27, 2000
Betelgeuse V
Visit site
They probably wont take much to run, a 700Mhz will be more than enough I should think. The main thing is going to be bandwidth with 32 players

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
If you run it as a dedicated server it won't take much CPU, cos its mostly the graphics and sounds that cause the CPU load. Like Mr. Beeblebrox said, probably a P3-700 can easily host a 32 player game. Bandwidth, now that's a different story. I assume U2 will take a bit more bandwidth per player than UT, I guess around 40kb. This means you would need a line that can bear 1.3 Mbit/s synchron.

Status
Not open for further replies.