Destrukt vs XS|Pain

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
Anybody catch the scores...either I'm stupid or OGL doesn't like people knowing scores for matches becuase after ten minutes I could not find the frag totals for above mentioned match. Was it ownage or was it close or was it ......errr....oh yeah demos would be super nice
Thx:)

Last edited:

LordKhaine

I sing the body electric...
Dec 6, 1999
UK
Visit site
I was listening to UTradio at the time, when I left to play some UT Pain had won the first map and was owning on the second map. So I was pretty shocked to see that destrukt won, heh.

Shock6822

Cock of the Walk
Jul 2, 2000
That way ->
Holy shit, the way Destrukt new where Pain was all the time is amazing...how the hell does he do it?? I woulda got my ass creamed...

Mrukk

Inhuman
May 10, 2000
Baltimore, MD
Hmm yeah, are OshadowO and I mising something obvious, or does OGL really not tell the scores for any of the maps... as far as I can tell you only get to find out which map was played and who the winner was :( Pretty sad really.

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
Well if you don't wanna dl the demo or are having problems I think malevolence the score was 15-20, and in deck 20-11...both are rough estimates but close.
All I can say is Pain was owned. He staged a come back in both maps but it was a little too late. Destrukt just knew what was going on all the time and knew what weapon to use when. I highly recommend watching the deck 16 Demo BTW. The links at Cache are the new ones:)
I'm eager to see codex which Pain won but a demo has yet to be uploaded. And I agree with Mrukk, OGL needs to take a little hint from the competition...*Proving Grounds* ahem...

Shock6822

Cock of the Walk
Jul 2, 2000
That way ->
OShadow, Destrukt won 15-9 in Deck :p
Also, something else I find amazing besides that fact that Destrukt always knew where Pain was is that he ALWAYS knew which weapon to use....jeez, this guy is like a genius

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
Originally posted by Shock6822
OShadow, Destrukt won 15-9 in Deck :p
Also, something else I find amazing besides that fact that Destrukt always knew where Pain was is that he ALWAYS knew which weapon to use....jeez, this guy is like a genius
I said it was rough..so I was off by five:p

XorX[DS]

Slayer
Aug 11, 2000
Bosnia And Herzegovina
Pain's best weapon is his unusuall style of play.He follows enemy in narrow rooms and other things that other players will never do.
On other side destrukt best weapon is knowing exact position of enemy and his way of playing.He knows Pain's tactic and that give him a big advance in begining of match.Later when Pain got what is he trying to do,it's already too late.
In earlyer matches destrukt won Pain with 10 or more frags between.But lately Pain plays more like real LPB and destrukt had big problems to frag him.

Kray

Time chaser
Sep 17, 2000
Fool's Paradise
utgallery.tripod.com
I can't get the demo to load. I downloaded the Deck16 demo from xsreality (filename 62 with no extension, about 3+ mb), typed demoplay 62 in the console and nothing came up. I changed the filename to 62.dem and typed demoplay 62.dem. It still doesn't load.

What am I doing wrong?

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
Look at my post above it has CSHP 4c attached to it(or a link to it) DL it and unzip the files into you UT/System folder it'll run then. It won''t cause any problems to UT mines been fine, you can delete the three files later.

Stillborn

PHEAR IS JUST ANOTHER 4 LETTER WORD...
Oct 14, 2000
Sweden
Visit site
Man oh man, that deck16 demo was something else! Can't believe that xs|pain got totally owned... Destrukt took control from the start and even played around a little with pain... The undisputed (?!?) king of 1 on 1 is dead... well, guess there will be a few rematches... ;) I've never seen any demos before of destrukt but I'll be downloading more demos of him for sure!

Damn, what a game...

No Soup For You

I got your PM right HERE!
Stupid demo won't run

I can't get the stupid deck16 demo to run either. I downloaded the CSHP4c zip file, extracted to my UT systems folder, and added the lines to the UT ini file as the htm file in the zip file says to do. II also made sure that I had the UT bonus packs - still will not run. The game seems to stutter and the name of the demo comes up but it never appears. The computer acts like it is trying to run it - it may be running somehere - but it is not showing up on the screen. Stupid demos - hope UT2 has improvements in the way demos are handled.

:(