I have problems hosting a FHI game

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

tgranholm

May 20, 2004
Finland
I installed the mod to UT2004\FHIMod like it was supposed to and removed the old one with the .bat file. I also patched the game.
Instant Action game mode works without problems, but when I try to host a game after I've selected a map and mutators and other stuff, and after I click Listen the game starts to load (goes to the loading screen) then closes and a new window opens saying:

Critical Error

UT2004 Build UT2004_Patch_[2004-05-10_17.18]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1200 MHz with 511MB RAM
Video: Hercules 3D Prophet 8500 Series (6414)

Failed to load 'UT2K4Secure': Can't find file 'UT2K4Secure'

History: UObject::SafeLoadError <- UObject::GetPackageLinker <- UGameEngine::BuildServerMasterMap <- ULevel::Listen <- Listen <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <- LocalMapURL <- UGameEngine::Browse <- ClientTravel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Arctic Dam <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 676F4C57 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

I tried searching the file 'UT2K4Secure' but couldn't find it so I'm a bit lost. What should I do to get it work?

shockmonkey

May 20, 2004
I too have the same problem with the Can't find file 'UT2K4Secure' when I try to host a game of the new fraghouse invasion. I do have the 3204 patch installed, but I continue to get the errors. Ive installed on 3 different computers and its the same on all of them. Is there a way I can install the ut2k4 secure seperately to correct the problem? Thanks.
BTW great job on fraghouse invasion. Its the most popular game mode at my lan parties.

tgranholm

May 20, 2004
Finland
Yep, that solved the problem, thanks.
By the way, what does the UT2K4Secure do? Is it somehow important to the game or something? And if so why did they leave it out of the public patch? Just wondering...

-]RONO[-_666

Apr 28, 2004
The same error: 'Failed to load UT2K4Secure: cant find file UT2K4Secure' also appears when you try to run UnrealEd for FHI2K4 from the FHIMod folder.

Downloading and installing the file from the zip posted above solves the problem ..just as the "run server problem".. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

-]RONO[-_666

Apr 28, 2004
Ah.. np parser.. i noticed later on the same thing.

For the ones running into the same issue (unrealedFHI2K4).. if your not planning to run a server, then you dont need to download the ut2k4secure package. Well, its very small... but i always say..dont get things you dont need.. :rolleyes:

Just browse to FHIMod folder within UT2004 and open up FHIMod.ini, next scroll down till you come to '[Editor.EditorEngine]' look for 'EditPackages=UT2K4Secure' and delete that line. Save it and it should be all ok..
Whatever you do, delete that line or get the package, either way will solve the issue. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Rubinrox

Jun 10, 2012
I need FHImod folder!

Please,I need FHImod folder for postal 2 when i open postal 2,It shows "Failed to enter Entry: Can't find file 'Entry'

History: UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine"I want to play that game :wtf: If you give pages like this"www.asup61.dsl.pipex.com/ut2k4secure.zip"Please Don't give me like this Because It shows "404 page not found"