Newbie Question about videos

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lupine

Jan 19, 2002
welcome.to
How exactly do you convert the UT demos to AVIs or MPGs? Does anyone have any links to tutorials, or advice on where to find this info?

T.I.A.
Lup

SugarBear

Sadly Un-Surreal
May 18, 2001
Doesn't even matter
Visit site
Rev, I have a question about this, I tried making a movie of a demo i made, using demomanager 2.0 it tells me I'm missing CSHP 4+.

now, I know that i have this file, outside of Movie Unreal i can watch this demo all i want, and i do, the problem is, inside movie unreal it tells me I don't. I copie over the UT ini file, and renamed it movieunreal.ini, but things aint changing...how the heck can i get movieunreal to understand that i have cshp so i can watch the video?

Rev.Whoopass

Sperm Bot
Aug 5, 2000
Connecticut
Visit site
go back and check that your cshp is not in a phantom directory.Sometimes when you put cshp into c:\\unrealtournament\system,it puts it into c:\\unrealtournament\system\system

It makes another system dir.it that's what happened just move them over.If that os not the case,then I have no clue what the prollem is.I can try and find out from Moose.

SugarBear

Sadly Un-Surreal
May 18, 2001
Doesn't even matter
Visit site
ok, I figgered it out, for some reason it wasn't seeing my copy of cshp anymore, I think because it was cached, and maybe i cleared my cache, either way i downloaded and installed a new copy and it works.

what do you recomend as the best settings for capturing the video?

P4 @ 1.4
Nvidia TNT 2 ultra
30 gig HD
1000 meg ram

i tried it with 50 fps, at 640 x 480 (i think) and it came out real choppy.

btw, i used adobe premiere to make the movie.

SugarBear

Sadly Un-Surreal
May 18, 2001
Doesn't even matter
Visit site
errm...why not?

i only ask because i just tried it again at 55 fps, with a slightly lower res and it came out good, pretty smooth, just a touch fast.

once i learn how to use premier i think i can clear up any of the problems with the video, but why not in over 30?

only reason i can guess is that when i hit f12 to start capturing it slows down to about 5 fps.