U4E UT2K3... can someone change a weapon?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Anyone play U4E for UT2K3? Tried out the Quicksilver? Could someone make a few changes and put it in its own package?

Fire mode 1: Pistol- unchanged

Fire mode 2: Machine gun. Normal operation has a 25-shot clip, and minor recoil. Stops when you let go of the fire button. Could this be changed to have no recoil and no clip?

Fire mode 3: clip-emptier mode. Pressing the button once results in the whole 25 shots being unloaded very quickly with massive recoil. Can this be changed to not use a clip, and to stop firing when you release the button? The idea is to use this as mode 2 but WITH the huge recoil (has to be "balanced" in some way :p)

Thanks to anyone who can help. :)

Postal

I apear to have lost my pin.
Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
I havent tried the quicksilver, but as for burst code, it can be done rather easly.

event ModeDoFire()
{
LastFireTime = Level.TimeSeconds;
If(BrstSize>0)
{
GotoState('Burst');
}
Else Super.ModeDoFire();
}

State Burst
{
Begin:
For(I=0;I<BrstSize;I++)
{
Super.ModeDoFire();
Sleep(FireRate);
}
GotoState('');
}

As for me, I wont edit another mods code with out permission

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
"I dunno what you do on your personal computer, but it's not really any business of mine. Just don't edit any part of U4E and distribute it to others. We wouldn't want people to be exposed to a butchered version of U4E and draw false conclusions from it. If anybody is going to release a buggy version of U4E, it should at least be us. :p"

There he said it, as long as it's not made available for public download it's okay.

RegularX

Master of Dagoth Lies
Feb 2, 2000
Chicago, IL
"If anybody is going to release a buggy version of U4E, it should at least be us. "

I like that philosophy.

Postal

Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
But wouldn't "distribute" be giving it to you?

Give me some time to find an DL U4e, then I will start looking at it. No promises though. Happen to got a link?

Postal

Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
No, I thought I told you over Icq, I couldnt get the code to export with ucc. and UEd doesnt work on my system. If you were to export the code with WOTgreal, I will take another swing at it.

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
if you did tell me that, I don't remember. And I'm glad I'm not the only one having UED problems, when you push buttons does nothing happen? That's what I get.

I had WOTgreal at one time but I have absolutely no idea how to use it so I uninstalled it and the zip's gone by now (format/restore)

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
I did ask, just not under this name. You said you were busy with netcode.

Well thanks! :D :tup:

Can you make it 2K4 compatible when it comes out? :)

edit: ahhh RATS it's all UC files. I know nothing about code and compiling. Where's that wall-bash smiley when I need it?

Oh well, thanks anyway. I still appreciate the effort there. :tup:

Last edited by a moderator:

UTIMER

U4E coder
Mar 5, 2004
utimer.pcplayground.com
i said i was to busy to recode it, not to rar my source ;)

a well ill have quick look over it (why did you ask one of the weapons I didn't code :p)
And yes, of course it will be made net and ut2k4 compatible :)

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
Well if you had coded it, that would have made things too easy and we CAN'T have any of THAT now can we? ;)

I just have a quick question.... how did you ever find this thread :con:

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
We should probably just wait for 2K4 before anything gets changed. The last time I played 2K3 was to review BlastPak and that was a while ago already. My time's been spent on 2K4 so modding it now is probably just a waste of time. It should only be a week to release day anyhow.

UTIMER

U4E coder
Mar 5, 2004
utimer.pcplayground.com
Nemephosis said:
I just have a quick question.... how did you ever find this thread :con:
I was curious to see what was inside when i went to take a look at the WMP contest

As for w8 for ut2004, good idea, the weapenfire functions will change making wapens incompatible :(