finding beta-only servers for map testing?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chip

Nov 14, 2002
Visit site
i've an XMP map that needs some final feature checks (custom code, optimization, etc.) before releasing for general play, but can't set up a publically-accessible dedicated server myself (ISP limitations-- bah!). i can test the majority of stuff via my LAN server setup, but some things need a full load of players to test completely.

i'm loathe to put a not-fully tested map onto a server where it might end up proliferating, leading to version confusion. so...are there any servers out there dedicated solely to testing maps-in-progress? Xaero, is this something AlienPod can help with?

Dragon_Myr

Mar 4, 2004
Need screenshots of your map. ;)

There is a server called "[_X_] Clan: New maps" or something like that. I've been on there a bunch of times and that server owns. They do a lot of the newer maps. The admins' emails are listed as soon as you join the server in spectator mode.

They appear to test the maps out and make minor changes to make the maps playable. For example, my map SkyIslands had radar added by them.

-Myr

Last edited:

Pro^Kp

[DCSB]Callisto/Talon|Se7eN
Jan 24, 2004
the last few tims ive been to the alienpod channel its bneen dead :( no offence and the Quakenet Channel is moderated lol

Xaero

Who Dey!
Oct 11, 2003
Cincinnati
www.xaero.us
well if you see me in there, im usually means I'm around, so just yell at me. I'll see your message when I get out of XMP/BF:V. I only hang out on Gamesurge, so dont wait around for me on Quakenet ;)

chip

Nov 14, 2002
Visit site
thanks for inquiring, Xaero, i'll nip on over to AlienPod for more info, and also drop a line to [_X_]ecutioners.

Dragon_Myr, i put some screenies from my map on my site:

http://home.metrocast.net/~chipartist/pizza50/

follow the obvious links. the map is called XMP-Styx (no connection with mapper of similar handle -- just a coincidence)

...andrelax

SkyBum
Mar 14, 2004
london, uk
chip said:
Dragon_Myr, i put some screenies from my map on my site:

hey nice map- like the waterfall, steamy river, smoking generators (i prefer bladerunner rather than star trek as images of the future, so smoke and pollution seem right..) good use of forcewalls, great 3d work on the base and -stalactites? i wonder how.
see yous in the test server. if i can only remember where the fire button is....

that reminds me i still don't know if a vehicle will fall through a lift on a laggy server yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.