Unreal II to receive network support and more!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mantik

Master Beta
Apr 2, 2004
Philthy
Name suggestion: XϺρ. Note these are greek letters; specifically, Chi San Rho. (San is admittingly an obsolete letter, but Mu appears like a regular capital M. It could probably still be used with regular letters, though: XMρ.)

Sorry, but I think you probably came to XMP very late.. "Mu" can not, should not, and will not.. be used in any form of explanation involving XMP.

And Zeji.. "Alpha" XMP is absolutely out of the question :p

Put those two vetoes of mine "together" hinthint and you will get one of the worst things to ever happen to XMP, and understand why! HEED MY WORDS!

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Sorry, but I think you probably came to XMP very late.. "Mu" can not, should not, and will not.. be used in any form of explanation involving XMP.
None of those letters are Mu, so my suggestion still stands.

In case you forgot what Mu looks like, and since you said that it's pretty clear you either have or have no knowledge of the Greek Alphabet, meet Mu: Capital, Μ, lowercase: μ.

As I said, CAPITAL Mu appears, for all intents and purposes, identical to regular Latin M. The one in my suggestion was San, which is slightly different from M, though perhaps it's subtle:

Ϻ vs. M, San vs. M.

Please check your facts next time, unless you like the taste of your own foot. :)

Last edited:

Mantik

Master Beta
Apr 2, 2004
Philthy
None of those letters are Mu, so my suggestion still stands.

In case you forgot what Mu looks like, and since you said that it's pretty clear you either have or have no knowledge of the Greek Alphabet, meet Mu: Capital, Μ, lowercase: μ.

As I said, CAPITAL Mu appears, for all intents and purposes, identical to regular Latin M. The one in my suggestion was San, which is slightly different from M, though perhaps it's subtle:

Ϻ vs. M, San vs. M.

Please check your facts next time, unless you like the taste of your own foot. :)

You mentioned MU in your post. If I make a post, say like this:

"Hello. Fine weather we are having! I enjoy fornicating with prostitutes in dank back alleys while hobos watch! (hobos are admittedly an obsolete name for explaining those who are homeless. but they do still appear as regular old homeless people! eh, it can probably still be used!)"

And someone replies about the term HOBO, and I then tell them "STUF!!! HOBO HAS NO PALCE IN UR RESPONS! eat shyt! i hate you! I WANT ALL UR BALLS TO DIE!!!11!112~"

... I'm too bored to finish. But the point remains; that point? Owl likes gaysexing it up in the bread aisle of his local Food Lion.

[pet]owl

Jul 13, 2004
these are all lies snakelz no one will play it let it rest in peace and lets play real games like.............. well hmm..........

Mar 6, 2004
[pet]owl;2318463 said:
these are all lies snakelz no one will play it let it rest in peace and lets play real games like.............. well hmm..........

Well we can't right now as all 3 servers are down. :/

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
They are up, just master server is down I think.

Bleeder

Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan
Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
Wouldn't that be 4 servers? I thought Owl's passworded server was still up. It just hasn't been showing up in the list ever since the last master server hullabaloo.

Mar 6, 2004
Owl hasn't had a server up in years.

Anyway i got a few questions.

1.) How are servers going to work with this? if we wanna play co-op how will the servers work? always listen server? can you buy them somewhere? Perhaps we can have a 10 player server and have 10 of us do a co-op. If this works i can possibly pay for a server if they work for this game since it's basically just unreal 2 SP with human players and not Unreal 2 XMP.

2.) What is the status on this so far? any new developements?

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
1.) How are servers going to work with this? if we wanna play co-op how will the servers work? always listen server? can you buy them somewhere? Perhaps we can have a 10 player server and have 10 of us do a co-op. If this works i can possibly pay for a server if they work for this game since it's basically just unreal 2 SP with human players and not Unreal 2 XMP.

2.) What is the status on this so far? any new developements?

1) You can use dedicated servers as well, and they can host U2 co-op, U2 CTF, U2 XMP2, U2 DM and U2 LMS.

2) What do you mean, developments?

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Umm, there are some, but you don't want to hear it yet... Not too terrible, at least for U2, but still there are bad news... Though not sure how much I can say, and what the effects will be. Well, you'll see later... As for about XMP to U2 map conversion, it's not moving because my health is poor at the moment... But will resume once I'm back on my feet.

Zeji

Nov 8, 2008
Sorry to ask, but will the bad news affect the Unreal 1 alphas?
Will there be some kind of announcement?

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Well, when it was announced at first place, why not tell them the truth? At least privately.

Ryan432120

May 6, 2009
Fantastic News

HI :D GreatEmerald .

Thats Fantastic news

I cant wait until it will be ready and fully functional to play

Im dieing to play unreal 2 xmp coop ( Death Match Capture The Flag ETC... )

I Only hope that it wont be a problem locating the update for the game .

It Would really be sweet if i knew where to update the game .

Thx For the wonderful news :)

I was wondering also will it connect to the storyline of unreal 2 the awakening

With John Dalton What do you have in mind ?

Last edited:

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
Interesting Development Is how i view this... My only question is about Platform support.

1) Will Mac OSX be supported (Intel or PPC)?

2) Will Linux support? (x86/x86-64 )