[News] UT3 JB beta 2 is released!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DannyMeister

UT3 Jailbreak Coder
Dec 11, 2002
Bolivar, Missouri
Hot on the heels of the news that beta 1 received a Make Something Unreal Contest prize, we have a new version for you to try out!

Download it now via BeyondUnreal Fileworks mirrors. At the current time, only the AtomicGamers and FileFront mirrors seem to be working, so try them first.

Zip install: UT3JB-Beta2.zip (328.77 MB)

UT3 version 2.1 with Titan Pack is required.

Following are the 11 maps in our beta 2 release:
  • JB-Pagoda by h34dcr4sh
  • JB-Precinct by RevBillyG
  • JB-Rebirth by The_Head
  • JB-FacingWorlds by Tahngarthor
  • JB-Makoy by G.Lector
  • JB-Strand by Hazel.H
  • JB-Seven by RevBillyG
  • JB-Suspense by Wormbo
  • JB-Gasoline by H34dCr4sh
  • JB-OfMiceAndMen by RevBillyG
  • JB-Yaijm by DeathoX 8
Main changes since beta 1:
  • The cake was a lie.
  • New map JB-Yaijm by DeathoX 8
  • Several minor map updates.
  • Fixed not being able to search for Jailbreak in the server browser.
  • JailbreakUI package is now downloadable when a player without the mod installed joins a Jailbreak server.
  • Ini and localization fixes so that strings display properly in the UI. (not all languages are fully localized yet, but we should have no more blank strings)
  • Auto-setup support for single-switch maps
  • Replication fixes for: jump pads in JB-Face, burning execution in JB-Pagoda that didn't show in online games, depressurize execution in JB-Precinct could get green overlay stuck on screen, and delayed appearance of celebrating player
  • Many HUD tweaks including displaying a number instead of player icons for large numbers of players in jail or freedom.
  • More support for titans, including a Titan Arena property which allows players to become a titan in that arena.
  • AI team tactics indicator added to HUD
  • Team scores shown after an execution.
  • Scoreboard shows player status icons.
  • New Kismet actions to give armor to players, and to force AI to crouch.
  • Jail Event "Jail Doors" link is renamed to "Exit Markers" to avoid confusion.
We hope you enjoy participating in this beta demo! Rest assured that we have plenty more exciting maps and features coming soon, including a return of the llama hunt, monsters, and arena cams.

Last edited:

Bloodyboy

UT3 JB Mapper
Jan 18, 2010
France
Nice works!
What is unfortunate is that the players expect RC or final version to test jailbreak.

I'm new on your forum but i play jailbreak since it is the ut2004 version
(its my favorite mode on LAN party)
PS: I am French so as you ask questions about my English

Last edited:

DannyMeister

UT3 Jailbreak Coder
Dec 11, 2002
Bolivar, Missouri
Nice works!
What is unfortunate is that the players expect RC or final version to test jailbreak.

I'm new on your forum but i play jailbreak since it is the ut2004 version
(its my favorite mode on LAN party)
PS: I am French so as you ask questions about my English

Welcome to the forums! We too feel that it is unfortunate a final release isn't yet out. The more people we can get interested in playing, submitting bugs, and maybe even helping out with development, the quicker that'll happen. Let us know about your experiences with beta 2.

sonicgaz

Jan 18, 2010
:lock: looking good guys,just had a quick blast and it was great playing jailbreak again.looking forward to some new maps and updates........keep up the great work.greatly appreciated;);););)

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
We decided to leave beta2 maps uncooked but the birthday map was too heavy in filesze (it needed all the custom content to be cooked into a separate package). This one wasn't exactly appreciated by the competitive people, so I think it was released out of the main package, as a separate download... but I'm not able to find the dl link right now... :hmm:

Katana

Shock Whore!
May 17, 2003
Visit site
OK, downloaded the file and the JB-Suspense.ut3 is corrupt but i managed to get the rest out of the archive.
Now how do i get the mod installed? i tried putting the files in the UT3 directories but just got a load of errors on start up, and i can't find any info on google on how to install UT3 mods, none that work anyway.

Bloodyboy

UT3 JB Mapper
Jan 18, 2010
France
OK, downloaded the file and the JB-Suspense.ut3 is corrupt but i managed to get the rest out of the archive.
Now how do i get the mod installed? i tried putting the files in the UT3 directories but just got a load of errors on start up, and i can't find any info on google on how to install UT3 mods, none that work anyway.
Just dont use the UT3 directories but this way:
C:\Users\*yourname*\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomModes\Jailbreak

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
As above, maps and mods go in your documents folder, not the game's install folder. This is done because newer versions of Windows treat Program Files as something that should not be modified except by install/uninstall processes.