Official BeyondUnreal Photography Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
A quick snap-shot this evening:

RainOverTheRock.jpg

Cropped and shrunk only.

Wander

kittens give Morbo gas
Aug 11, 2008
Here are some pics I took from a local band called 'The Moe Greene Specials'. The guy who used to teach me religion in the last two grades of high school plays bass guitar in this band (and yes, he was the coolest teacher ever). He's in the third pic :)

DSC_0224.jpg

DSC_0270.jpg

DSC_0305.jpg

DSC_0405.jpg

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Here are some pics I took from a local band called 'The Moe Greene Specials'. The guy who used to teach me religion in the last two grades of high school plays bass guitar in this band (and yes, he was the coolest teacher ever). He's in the third pic :)

DSC_0270.jpg

Your red channel is clipping hard! The guy is dripping hard with blood! Your loosing detail because the red channel is being over driven.

I know tungsten lights with gels can be fairly harsh in both concerts and dance performances. Red channels are usually the first to overexpose and blue is the last. Its easy to overexpose your color channels but still feel like your image is too dark due to the lack of white.

Wander

kittens give Morbo gas
Aug 11, 2008
Your red channel is clipping hard! The guy is dripping hard with blood! Your loosing detail because the red channel is being over driven.

I know tungsten lights with gels can be fairly harsh in both concerts and dance performances. Red channels are usually the first to overexpose and blue is the last. Its easy to overexpose your color channels but still feel like your image is too dark due to the lack of white.
Is there anyway I can still solve this now? And how to avoid this next time I go take pictures at concerts? I didn't use the RAW format back then and never edited those pictures with the software that comes with the camera, so I'm not sure if that could be of any help there.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Is there anyway I can still solve this now? And how to avoid this next time I go take pictures at concerts? I didn't use the RAW format back then and never edited those pictures with the software that comes with the camera, so I'm not sure if that could be of any help there.

I'm not sure what program your using so I do not know what you can do about it. However if you are using Photoshop CS3 or Lightroom with raw, you can ease back specific color channels, change their hues, saturation, and brightness in order retain detail or enhance a photo. Lightroom will let you do this with a jpg however it will not be nearly as flexable as with a raw file.