thief 3 ed wont open hmmmm

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Utopius

Mar 3, 2005
just a simple question really ive just started using UN runtime and i was told that the new thief 3 editor is damnn good for atmospherics and stuff so i dowlaoded it and for some reason it wont open do i need to the thief 3 game to run it or what? :hmm: any adivece would eb MUCH appreciated

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Tools of different UnrealEngine games and applications usually only work for that specific app/game. In other words, an editor for Thief3 will most likely only work with Thief3 and not with the Runtime.

Utopius

Mar 3, 2005
my problem is , is i dont have unreal and the editor works independently why doenst teh thief 3 editor work wihtout thief 3? its ****n huuuge as well

[SAS]Solid Snake

Jun 7, 2002
New Zealand
www.digitalconfectioners.com
Why doesn't thief 3 editor work without thief 3 installed? Errr ... it's pretty obvious. The editor just makes stuff with the content that thief 3 has. Thus without the content you can't do anything with it. I doubt they would ship all of theif 3's content with the free editor.

Utopius

Mar 3, 2005
well actually it comes wiht everything eveyr elvel every mesh every texture teh works just for some reason it downs open, honets to god it comes wiht everything

StardogChampion

Dec 18, 2003
It's only 300Mb or so, so how can it come with everything? Thief 3's textures take up at least 1GB.

Please just buy the game, it is worth the money.