"Back to Basics" by Video|UaK

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BooGiTyBoY

The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR
Saw this over at the atari forums and thought I'd share over here... it's worth taking a look at, hahaha.

Back to Basics by Video|UaK
(vid is 62mb's, either click link to play or right click "save target as" to save)

My favs are:

"shock combo" when he reflects the secondary back and nails the dude who shot it with the combo. Man that's as bad as getting killed by your own falling raptor you jumped out of, hahaha.

"from downtown".. man that's one hell of a shot! lol

"power-up control" has got to be my ultimate fav in that video cuz' I just learned that jump not 3 days ago!

Last edited:

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
That old-fashioned black & white theme sure is original...
And some real 'classic' stuff, like 'productivity' or 'node construction' :lol:

Stigmata

Codepunk
Jan 31, 2004
The Sprawl
Actually I thought it was a respectful nod to Fallout, considering the old fashioned reel-style degradation and, of course, the song itself: A Kiss To Build A Dream On. Nice work!
for my 2 cents, I thought the Raptor v Raptor roadkill interception was beautiful!

Chaser

Boi BOI!!!!
Mar 16, 2004
Very cool video! The black and white was cool, but it made things harder to see, and it would be better if it was higher quality. I want to show this to some of my friends, but i can barely make out some of the stuff... and they prolly wouldnt know what the hell was going on. Good find though! :2thumb:

m&ms

Melts in your mouth, not in your hand.
Jul 13, 2003
in a bag....duh
Visit site
shortcut, eh
lemmings, not an uncommon sight in that map :lol:
flag grabbing, is it me or is friendly fire on there? lol
parachutes, hahaha
power node construction, lol
flag defending, i love when people do stuff like that :)
dedication, i think that was personal :lol:
shock combo, i wish i could do that
depth perception, glad that wasn't me :D
powerup control, did he trans up there or is there something i'm missing on that map?
headshot, i've only pulled that off once in an actual game
productivity, with three campers in enemy base, you gotta figure they lost that game
nitro, i'm long since bored of videos of people doing that :(
flag running, omfg
from downtown.....that guy should try instagib, i make those full court, not half

and poor backslash, anybody notice that he was in four of these? lol

Chaser

Boi BOI!!!!
Mar 16, 2004
m&ms said:
powerup control, did he trans up there or is there something i'm missing on that map?

He did a goop jump. It's pretty hard to pull off I'm still having trouble doing it.

BooGiTyBoY

The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR
Ya there's like 3-4 different maps you can do that exact jump on. Just throw some goop on the floor from the level above you. Hop down and grab the shield/whatever and as you run backwards, jump just as you hit the slimy greenz. Most people do this with their shield gun alt-fire on and pointed straight down. :)