armor shard???

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cursed_Soul

Now known as Luos_83
Jan 13, 2001
dordrecht
www.vladderbeest.com
i once read that there was some1 that made an armor shard...

does it exist (not a freakin 10 mb mod or so)

and if it doesnt exist or is in a big ass mod could some coder/scripter make it an stand alone thiny i wanna use it in the buf map im making (would be a cool mod 2 add with the buf pack makin random health vials armor shards

if im correct...chaos ut has an armor shard but its a big phat mod so isnt helping out...

could s/o make it PLEASSSSSSE

FireSlash

Whats a FireSlash?
Feb 3, 2001
Central Ohio
www.unrealannihilation.com
maybe, but im not sure how well it would work. i havent looked at the code yet, but since 2 kneepads dont make 100 armor, things might not work right. ill give it a try though. just what do you want the shard to look like?

Cursed_Soul

Now known as Luos_83
Jan 13, 2001
dordrecht
www.vladderbeest.com
im downloading chaos ut, (i hope it was the correct mod) and ill show u a armor shard and its code...

itll take about half an hour becouse fileplanet is full and my dl speed is fµcked up at the moment

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
Originally posted by Cursed_Soul
would be a cool mod 2 add with the buf pack makin random health vials armor shards

do you mean convert some vials at random to armour shards when the map starts up? that would be cool.
going by what i've read about writing mutators, it should be fairly easy to code.

Cursed_Soul

Now known as Luos_83
Jan 13, 2001
dordrecht
www.vladderbeest.com
btw if you are gonna add sound make it almost the same as an health vial.

most of the time healthvials are used 2 let someone know his opponent nearby has 2 be the same for the armorshards....

Papapishu

我是康
Jun 18, 2001
void
www.vovoid.com
If you wanna make translucent textures, you just take the texture and open it in photoshop (dunno if paintshop treats layers the same way)
select all
cut it and paste it
Make the lower layer black
adjust the transparency of the "skin" layer to whatever level of translucensy you want.
Dont use tools that darkens the picture, because for some reason, the objects will change colour instead of becoming more translucent (or other weird effects)
Then when it's imported, set the it to be translucent and you'll get a perfect result...