After playing UT99 & 2K4...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SorayMustDie

Approach me and DIE!!
Feb 24, 2008
Man , I found that UT99 is Twice the Fun than 2K4 , seriously. what the hell. Assault mode , Domination mode are EXTREMELY fun to play and Double Domination in 2K4 make me....eurg...REALLY my UT got over 5 GB and have a lot of voices pack , Custom Music ( for the maps , some music made me sicks thought ) and MASSIVE MODE AND UPGRADE!!! UT99 is AWESOME!!!!!!!!! HAIL TO THE KING OF FPS!

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
They wanted people to use the Assault rifle more. It's not useless now. And the new RL is turbo-powered fast, I couldn't stand the UT1 RL because it's slow and everyone just dodge off.

Selentic

Out of your mind.
Jun 9, 2008
They wanted people to use the Assault rifle more. It's not useless now. And the new RL is turbo-powered fast, I couldn't stand the UT1 RL because it's slow and everyone just dodge off.

The UT rocket launcher may have been slow, but it was also a lot stronger, I hated it.

I like the UT2004 Rocket launcher as it not only looks loads cooler, it fires faster, and doesnt screw you over if you miss the first shot.

BlackCheetah

Jan 22, 2008
Nah, UT2004 gets more support and all. Good eyecandy.

At their age amd how long they lived and ammount of people supporting both games, UT99 is the winner easily. If it was 2013, think how long ut2004 still be living? How many players still be left? Ut99 is nine years old and yet its still in gamespy top 15 most played games. UT2004 at its rate will not live as long as ut will.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
It's a shame about UT2004. I never liked the rubber boots feel it has and the WWF-style characters. It does have a few things going for it though. I quite liked wizzing through a map using jump dodges and some of outdoor maps are a nice change.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Nah, I still don't see how UT2004 is worse. Maybe it won't live too long, but who cares, there are more games out there. And DOM can be in UT2004 too, just you need the Classic Domination mod.

BlackCheetah

Jan 22, 2008
Nah, I still don't see how UT2004 is worse. Maybe it won't live too long, but who cares, there are more games out there. And DOM can be in UT2004 too, just you need the Classic Domination mod.

It isnt smooth, It doesnt feel easy, you have to think too hard when someone just jumps, I hate the weapon damage, the size of everything to models. Rockets are half as big as players. I feel like a fat man that can jump high, there is absolutely nothing that looks violent as it suppose to be in it, not even sharp objects. Too colourful, too bright, atmosphere is not dark and handsome, its more like get ready to jump. FlakCannon's look annoys the heck out of me because it looks so weak, compared to ut, and ut one seems like it has more polys in first person view. Link secondary sucks, takes too long to die, need more carnage (if you check my ut2004 first mod in ut2004 forum I made mtuator that blows up bodies), It is fast paced but yet when I walk I feel slow.

Edit: Animations are too slow, and not violent fast ( I can see them move from a to b instead of boom already at b).

Last edited:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
BlackC got it. Now with the new SP mods coming out, UT will live even more longer and be more greater as always.

UT2004 looks almost a joke compared to this, already by looking at the gibs and the goddamn Shock Rifle. Its custom stuff saved the game for me.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Yeah. As I said about ut2004, it's just a patchwork and a mess of stupid things, crazy quilt, ut2003 was darker even than ut2004.

I wouldn't even count it into series, it is just raped ut2003 content with added some restored beta maps and then some already released community work and then unrelated teams working on a new content and the singlplayer is really horrible, it doesn't have even a new image for assault at all and the concept is just ut2003 with that and that difference (team roster choosing is done worse than at ut2003, it goes back to the beta concent, but ell that was unfinished), plus credit system taken from ut2003 beta and i would say worsened, credits were not required there at all, they were just as a cool bonus or something and at final ut2003 is no credits in the ladder. I mean credits as the money stuff.

Ut2003 played much better anyway and even custom stuff for ut2004 isn't that high in few exceptions. OMG OMG COLORS COLORS IN UT2004!!!!!
Oh god, that graphics suck balls and the engine being optimized betetr than ut2003? No, that is a lie. In fact with bots it lags as hell and even some maps were proven to be unstable.