Crokx Anti Lamer Mutator

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

QAPete

Chief Muckety Muck
Aug 17, 1999
Pottstown, PA, USA
www.beyondunreal.com
Our pal Crokx has released his Anti Lamer v0.30 for XMP, which replaces Anti Sniper and adds some additional lamer-proof functionality:

Anti lamer tries to fix some gameplay points which are over-exploited by lazy players, and contains 3 features:

- Anti Deployment Mine:
Destroy (no explode) automatically all mines near of deployment point.

- Anti Lazy Defense:
Automatically destroys all deployables (forcefield and autoturret) near an artifact node.

- Anti Sniper: (AntiLamer replaces AntiSniper because it contains a enchanced AntiSniper)
Modified the SniperRifle, fully removed the automatic reloading, you can't use zoom if the weapon is not loaded.

See the options for more possibilities.

You can download Anti Lamer v0.30 here, and enjoy these two screenshots, courtesy of Crokx:

Ulukai

May 2, 2000
Placing forcefields areound the artifact node is a valid defensive technique, IMO...

MachDelta

Haphazard Nobody
Apr 29, 2001
Canada
Visit site
Is the first one really needed? You already have a 1 second invincibility period after spawning. Any mines planted on a spawn point should explode but not hurt you at all.

Ulukai

May 2, 2000
As is sniping people who try to run off with my artifacts.

<Mr_Hardass> "SNIPING BASTARD"

<Me> "Yes"

phil

OH GOD
Jan 3, 2000
meh, typical. People don't want to learn ways to beat these tactics, they'd rather just take them out of the game. Lazy.

And anyone crying about defense of your artifact node by any means possible is just being out and out silly......THATS THE GOD DAMN POINT....to make it hard for someone to walk in and take your node. Would you rather the nodes just spawn in the middle of the arena? :tdown:

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
Lizard Of Oz said:
The Spawn-point/anti-mine thing is good. The other stuff is just...well... :tdown:
The mine thing is a non-issue. Spawn protection stops mines that detonate on spawn pads hurting you, and you can jump/duck around others, plus if you see somewhere is mined, you can choose to spawn elsewhere.

Ulukai

May 2, 2000
I know, maybe he could remove more features and call it...I dunno...capture the flag or something?

TossMonkey

brown bread?
Sep 4, 2001
Great Britain.
quakeguy.tumblr.com
I think he should remove the capturing of artifacts altogether. I mean, FFS... they're our artifacts and people stealing them is just lame. And why do we have to shoot each other? Can't we all just be on the same side for once? Wouldn't we all be happier that way?

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
so he makes something that takes out all defense altogether? How incredibly stupid.

P

PratizUnreal

imo the mutator itself is kinda lame, the sniping reload is okay, so it add more realism to the game, but rest, bah. u get few sec auto proection after spawn, so landmine should't be a problem. and as for the base defence, WTF! lol how can u play without defending your artifact node?!

if this is rated out of 10, i'll give it a 3/10

PF Prophet

Dec 9, 2003
agreed the anti defence stuff removes the point of automated defences

the reasion these things arein the game is for defending the node

my fing god dude how laim are you

i like the inv when spawning and sniper things ok but the rest us bull

if you traded that for a mutation that kills/boots or teleports tkers to the enimy team with no ammo that would be koo but making it harder to defend the node is LAIM

Crokx

Jun 19, 2002
south France
crokx.unreal-design.com
Lamer only play this game!? :confused:
Sure I understand whatfor you can't accept my mutator so :con:

Ulukai said:
Placing forcefields areound the artifact node is a valid defensive technique, IMO...
Sorry but so, you are a true lamer :lol: , I am fully counter this s*ck*r :eek: (sure without offense you, is a gameplay things only)
Maybe for somes players is a valid defense, but also too much players abuse to illimited forcefields etc...

Ulukai said:
As is sniping people who try to run off with my artifacts.
<Mr_Hardass> "SNIPING BASTARD"
<Me> "Yes"
Good game, good ping also I suppose.

RaptoR said:
Please, make your comment more constructive :rolleyes:

Lizard Of Oz said:
The Spawn-point/anti-mine thing is good. The other stuff is just...well... :tdown:
You can enable/disable all features and the AntiSniper is not same the old mutator the minimum function of this feature is to remove the automatic reloading.

Ulukai said:
I know, maybe he could remove more features and call it...I dunno...capture the flag or something?
Halas no, but if you things to defense only (...) is preferable for you to play UT2003's CTF.

PratizUnreal said:
imo the mutator itself is kinda lame, the sniping reload is okay, so it add more realism to the game, but rest, bah. u get few sec auto proection after spawn, so landmine should't be a problem. and as for the base defence, WTF! lol how can u play without defending your artifact node?!

if this is rated out of 10, i'll give it a 3/10
For defense? I defend normaly whatfor this question!?...
Sure I disagree your note, I no have the same vision of this game.

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
- Anti Deployment Mine: Not an issue, really, see my post above. Spawn protection stops mines that detonate on spawn pads hurting you, and you can jump/duck around others, plus if you see somewhere is mined, you can choose to spawn elsewhere.

- Anti Lazy Defense: This totally and utterly defeats the point of automated defences.

- Anti Sniper: The sniper rifle doesn't need any more 'balancing'. It's hard enough to hit a moving target anyway, without these unnecessary modifications.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Crokx said:
Lamer only play this game!? :confused:
Sorry but so, you are a true lamer :lol: , I am fully counter this s*ck*r :eek: (sure without offense you, is a gameplay things only)
Maybe for somes players is a valid defense, but also too much players abuse to illimited forcefields etc...

No, no no no... see, this is an acceptable defense. Why do you think they were put in the game? So, just because YOU think they're lame, you take it upon yourself to write garbage mutator number 57347 to take out a feature YOU can't deal with. THAT is lame.

Crokx said:
For defense? I defend normaly whatfor this question!?...
Sure I disagree your note, I no have the same vision of this game.

Well, guess what, this isn't CTF. Your vision happens to be wrong.

cyb

Dec 15, 2003
- Anti Deployment Mine:
Destroy (no explode) automatically all mines near of deployment point.
well, i don't think this is much of an problem with spawnprotection (as mentioned above)

- Anti Lazy Defense:
Automatically destroys all deployables (forcefield and autoturret) near an artifact node.
where else should you use force fields, since you can jump over them easily and what is wrong with defending the node with some autocannons? .. again, where else should you set up these defences, the maps are huge, so it would be very easy to 'walk' around these turrets. you cannot set up unlimited turrets because of the energy you need for them.
and btw, deployables can be destroyed quite fast, so i don't see a problem.

- Anti Sniper: (AntiLamer replaces AntiSniper because it contains a enchanced AntiSniper)
Modified the SniperRifle, fully removed the automatic reloading, you can't use zoom if the weapon is not loaded.
what's wrong with auto-reload? every other weapon has it too, so why only remove it for the sniper. after 3 shots the zoom disappears and you will have to aim again. and why would it be more 'realistic' when you cannot use the zoom function when the gun is loaded? i can look through a scope of a not-loaded sniper/whatever weapon.

just some thoughts.

personally i don't think this mutator is needed and i don't like it very much. but that's my personal opinion.

have a nice day.

DJM312

Beta tester
Oct 3, 2003
Bristol,Ct.
Visit site
This is crap , I play defense and I see a lot of arty stealers . To remove deployables and what not would be total base rape . As for snipers ,this makes them a sitting duck . Whats the matter with you , Do you find the game to hard ? If so ever hear of team play . Besides that point , this is the way the game was designed . Offense , defense , hacking . The game would just suck with this .

N

Ngolo

that remove team play this mutator :(

realy don 't like this it is not a simple FPS or a CTF game

and it is to your team to clean this place for the mien
you can find a sniper and kill it

and don't forget your not alone you have a team wich play with you