I got my X-Box today

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
and I don't care what you anti-Xbox folks feel about it,I think it ownz.Easy to set up,didn't crash :D sweet interface,great sound,video,and a force feedback controller to boot.Haven't tried out the DVD kit yet,too busy playing Halo and Oddworld for that.It looks much better on my TV than the crappy little ones the stores used for the demo model.Anyway...now my only problem is time sharing between return to castle wolfenstein,X-Box,and the family :D

Exar Kun [Sith]

Sith Lord
Sep 11, 2001
A Sith Temple
Visit site
Originally posted by Witty
X-Box: Good
Halo: Very Good

The fact that they aren't publishing Halo for computer: Crappy As Hell!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is what I've heard.

I think that it is going to be Halo for PC but it won't be out for a while cause they want Halo for X-box to sell. Anyway there was a guy here early this month trying to recruit people for some Microsoft backed clans and he claimed they were going to be beta testing Halo for the PC.

Here the link to the thread:
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=91360&highlight=microsoft+clan

and soon to beta test HALO for the PC

John13

Scrotum Pole
Apr 13, 2001
0z
Visit site
they are definately (sp) bringing out Halo for the PC (to much money to be made from such an easy port)

forgot which site I saw it on though :(

L_S

Nov 24, 1999
It will be a while though because Halo alone can sell Xbox's and they'll ride that for as long as they can before cashing in on the PC crowd too.

ZenPirate

Living Legend (and moderator)
Nov 21, 2000
New York
Yeah,tried the DVD.works sweet.I will say my lack of console skillz is showing in halo.Gamepad controls are kinda wierd,but I'm learning quick enough.I also like that Blockbuster is carrying rental titles for X-Box.Big plus in my book.One thing I hate about pc games is sometimes a game looks really neat,then the demo ownz,then you plop down 50 bucks to learn everything after the first level is utter crap.

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
I'd still rather have the Gamecube. I'm sure the Xbox is great though. I'm just so attatched to nintendo's games. Metroid, Zelda, Mario, Star Wars series (rogue leader biatch!). As for the DVD: Take the worst DVD player you can find, and that's what the PS2 and Xbox provide. I'd rather have the console that's going to have the games I prefer and a seperate DVD.

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
As soon as I see a "oh my gosh I must have that!" game for Xbox, I'll be all over it. :) (I can wait for PC Halo). This Christmas though, it's all about PS2. Working in a games store exposes you to a lot of games, and so far I've seen a lot of "OMGIMHT" PS2 games. :D Now I just need a PS2... ;)

Oh BTW, we're supposed to be getting our display Xbox sometime this month (which will apparently be the first display Xbox in London). I'll let you know how the crowds react to it (store staff included). ;)

Clayeth: A few months ago I saw Crouching Tiger at my friend's house playing on his PS2. The quality wasn't actually too bad, although not as good as a "real" DVD player. It'd do for me, though.

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
I know, I'm just saying I'm not going to change my mind on the console I want because of DVD capability, when I could just get the Gamecube and a DVD player that will work better for the same price as an Xbox.

eraser

I'm your brain on drugs.
Dec 13, 1999
In a town foo!
Visit site
Double (n) for game cube. clay, don't make the mistake my friend did, he bought a game cube, it's nothing special, it's just a nintendo 64 but a more square box. i'd go with xbox (y) or just pc :D

Thrakhath

LunarMancer
Mar 29, 2001
Kanagawa
Originally posted by ViperXL
What kinda internet connection does the GC have?

It's got a socket in the bottom where you will plug in your modem or broadband adapter. Neither console has internet yet though (although Lame-Spy does let you network your Xbox to your PC and then use the LS progem to share the internet connection)

Anyway, I've warmed up to Xbox a bit (with the MadCats controller fixing my button gripe with it), but other than Halo it still doesn't have anything I want to play. If they do get some games, I'll probably get one. PS2 has some rocking stuff (Metal Gear and FF mainly, but plenty of other stuff), but my console of choice is still GameCube for the simple reason that they have the one developer that has by FAR made more games that I like to play. Nintendo of course. In addition to the fact that they make the best "party" games like Super Smash Bros and such, and that is the main reason for a console instead of a PC. Don't get me wrong, Halo is a great multi-player game, but if I wanted a multi-player FPS I'd stick to UT and Q2 on PC. Not to mention all the other multi-player games that can only really be played when you have your own screen (RTS games mainly, like Starcraft, Age of Empires, Red Alert).

I'm a gamer at heart, so I like to give all gaming machines as fair a review as I can. Between PC and GC, you've got over 90% of what I could want from gaming, PS2 has the other 10% with those few single-player games I can't get anywhere else. Xbox just doesn't have what I want . . . . . yet ;)

Thrakhath

LunarMancer
Mar 29, 2001
Kanagawa
Originally posted by eraser|BuF
game cube, it's nothing special, it's just a nintendo 64 but a more square box.

That's one of the most retarded things I've ever heard. For the games out now it looks every bit as good and the Xbox. Just look at Rouge Squadron, Smash Bros Melee, Luigi’s Mansion, or even Tarzan for crying out loud.

Harlock

Married And Always Nagged
Dec 11, 1999
Riverside, CA (USA)
maanclan.com
Originally posted by Sparky
I've gotta ask this: Why bother with consoles when you're sitting in front of a Computer? ;)

Sure, they're good for sports games, but that's about it.

Because there are games for consoles you simply cannot find on a PC. Gaming is a major hobby for me... soooo... I use anything I can to play über cool games.