Which is/was better: SNES (Super Famicom) or Genesis (Mega Drive)?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Which is/was better: SNES (Super Famicom) or Genesis (Mega Drive)?

• SNES/Super Famicom

Votes: 27 77.1%
  • Genesis/Mega Drive

Votes: 8 22.9%

• Total voters

Iceblade

Fragged Lurker
Mar 14, 2001
Visit site
Genesis / Megadrive. The SNES / SFC may have Super Robot Wars, but I've stuck with my Genesis ever since I got the Sonic the Hedgehog pack (rectangular first unit; came with Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic 2), and it has Streets of Rage 2, so... :p

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
I liked them both, but if I had to pick, I would say SNES. My whole reason for getting a SNES was Street Fighter 2. I am a big fan of the Super Mario Series, but when I heard that Street Fighter 2 was coming out for it, I was sold.

Lyndsay #2337

Squeaky Penguin
Aug 12, 2001
Visit site
I like both of them. :) But I'd have to pick SNES because it has more of the games I like. :)
Having Chrono Tirgger and the Final Fantasy games on one side and Phantasy Star on the other makes it a difficult decision. :confused:

SkummyB|BuF

Would you like to see me dance?
Feb 19, 2000
Liverpool, UK
www.bombardiers.org
ooooooh..........

The Megadrive had Sonic TheHedgehog..... but the SNES had Super Metroid.

ooooooh........ erm...........

Megadrive...... no SNES....... Megadrive....... SNES?

yeah - SNES (sorry Sonic - Mario Kart won it for me :))

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
Genesis, for:
Shining Force I/II
WarSong I/II
Street of Rage (Bare Knuckles) I/II/III
The enhenced version of Uncharted Waters I/II
Sonic I/II/III/and Knuckles
They have super street fighter II also
SHADOWRUN! whoohoo!
Contra - dunno if SNES has it
Eternal Champians
Samurai Spirt/Showdown
Golden Axe I/II/III
another shooter which i don't quite remember the title. A shame, i had so much fun with that one. (View from the top perspective, two characters Ben and Andy, two basic firearm and some SuperBombs. Last battle is against a nutty professor, anyone played this before?)

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
I'm surprised no one said "they both have their good and bad points", but I'm not going to. :)

I prefer the Genesis over the SNES because of the quality of the EA Sports games. :D

But SNES does have all those cool games.

Gamma_Sword

Terrible, Terrible Damage!
Feb 12, 2001
Not There
SNES, because of all those uber-1337 RPGs such as FF, CT, Lufia, SO, and ToP...

But Phantasy Star was uber fun too, and Sonic series still is oodles of fun. :D