HardwareShader class

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ttl

Oct 22, 2003
I was looking at this class and it seems a way of implementing vertex & pixel shaders without native code. If anybody could give some details on using this class (I have used them a bit in directx 8 & 9) it would be greatly appreciated (Syntax of var(HardwareShader) string VertexShaderText[4]; & var(HardwareShader) string PixelShaderText[4]; perhaps?)

Thanks

Aaron Leiby

Salamander Saver!
Sep 4, 2003
Seattle, WA
www.u2xmp.com
You should ask Albert Reed (al) at Demiurge Studios.
There are actually two articles on udn.epicgames.com, but they're current in the licensee-only section. Maybe he can have them exposed for mod authors.

Last edited:

ttl

Oct 22, 2003
Thanks a lot Aaron for all your help, hopefully I can get some cool shaders going when I've got some free time :) Not to mention tuning up the vapor ;p

Last edited:

ttl

Oct 22, 2003
The word back from Al is the documents on UDN aren't being made available to the public yet (for valid reasons) and indeed this particular class is most likely not fully functional in this version of the engine.

That being said, if any dev wants to make a mod that utilizes this class I'd be more then happy to download it :)

Maybe Unreal 2004 might use this class and give us a few more hints.

Thanks again Al & Aaron.

Status
Not open for further replies.