Wow, the google tool bar really works!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Google tool bar vs JS.Trojan.WindowBomb

It seemed to fair very well. I never got above 390 instances of Outlook. Could be because of my ram. Sucker killed a shiot load of pop ups and it did it very quickly. Though my system remained quite stable through it all I got bored of this stress test and shut it down.

Trojan001.gif

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Hmmm
let me clarify. If i hadn't been running the google toolbar, the trojan would have crashed my machine. 300k email pop ups will do that too ya.

Warm Pudgy

null
Feb 18, 2001
oo neato, i got some odd 18k pop ups from a site, and google blocked everysingle one of them, i didnt even relize what was going on till i heard the little clicking noise from my headphones on the table

bobtheking

Monkey in a bucket
Dec 1, 2001
dx*dp >= h/4pi
Visit site
yeah its awsome, i always wanted a popup blocker that integrates with IE and has a key to disable temporarily. i could find ones that do one or the other, but not both until the google toolbar.

iridium

... loves Mr. Lamppost
Dec 11, 2000
UK
Alll.....ternatively you could use another browser/mail client that doesn't still have loads of unpatched security holes (I was going to link to a page that listed loads of them, but it has been taken down), and maybe doesn't open these popup windows in the first place?

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
thats very true. Only a few pop ups still work.
Java pop ups and flash pop ups that cover your page...however they don't truely have their own window.

I haven't seen a real pop up in a while.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
yes, even the ones you need. Like if a PM message window pops up. This is why you turn it off right before the window comes up.

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
ÀñTÍçHrͧt §UpÊ®§TÀ® said:
Does anyone know if there is a way for it to kill those pesky msn plus ads?
Oh no, you didn't install MSN Messenger Plus 2, did you?

My brother accidentally installed it with the Sponsored crap enabled, and it took me an hour with manual registry editing to get the ads off! (The latest Spybot S&D updates can't get rid of it!)

The trick is to install MSN Messenger Plus 2 with the Sponsored crap turned off to avoid getting the MySearch toolbar and all the other sh¡t that takes over your system!

[ Edit ] By the way, the way to get rid of MySearch that is described on the internet pertains to an older version of that crap-ware and doesn't work on the one that comes with MSN Msgr+ 2. [ /Edit ]

Last edited:

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
Kray said:
I'm using AdShield right now. Can I use Google Toolbar (and its ad blocker) on top of Adshield or should I uninstall it first?
It may be a problem, but it probably won't be. You'll have to try and see how well they play together. Remember, Google Toolbar only blocks pop-ups, though; on-the-page ads will still be shown.

Jedediah Knight

Flag Runner of the Year
Sep 28, 2003
North Ark. U.S.A
Visit site
I downloaded and installed Bazooka bar and it works verry good as far as popups go. But after installing it my IE will now crash every half hour or so when I click on the "Favorotes" button or if I right click on the screen. I uninstalled it and the bar went away but the crash prob didn't.

So I thought if I still have the prob then I may as well have the popup blocker working so I reinstalled it and have been popup free but also I have restart IE a-lot.

Any body know how to REALLY get rid of this thing?

Curve[UK]

Twist Your Perception
May 14, 2001
United Kingdom
www.curvatures.co.uk
[BuF]h.h. said:
Oh no, you didn't install MSN Messenger Plus 2, did you?

My brother accidentally installed it with the Sponsored crap

My bro did the same thing, because we have xp you cant realy tell if someone is downloading something else, he downloaded the automatic update which i guess gave me a sh1t load of pop ups my end, gave him a telling off and will uninstall it when i get a chance.