An idea for a map - JB-Machu-Picchu

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
Here's a quick play around in the editor building up my interpretation of _Lynx's sketch, with a bit more added.
Switchs either end as you had probs guessed, the hills either side of the middle could house the jails. Also putting large anti portals in them will greatly help optimising.
and Here is a screenshot.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/The_Head/machupicho-hello.jpg

Last edited:

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
Someone released last year in UnrealPlayground a map whose screenshot was very similar to that one... It was the 1st day of April... :lol:

Lynx's layout idea reminds me JB-RimeValley a lot. I've got in mind another layout + placement that would work quite well IMO, rather different from any other vJB map :D, and it would require 2 mayan pyramids in the middle, which would fit with the theme. I'll try to draw it one of these days. ;)
So is this one the map that is going to be made as a cooperative work? I'd like to work on it, too. Especially on the layout and scaling...

Here's a super cool ONS map using a lot of mayan stuff, I don't remember if it has custom textures or not, but it looks awesome... Definitely one to keep in mind as a base. :tup:
http://www.unrealplayground.com/maps.php?game=ut2k4&type=ons&sortby=chron&search=Kakmo#dlprobs

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
I presume you mean Beyond Unreal potd not jailbreak :p
I just used terrain to make a basic layout, the majority of it would eventually be replaced with terrain. Just the order I *try* and map in, basic layout first. Many of you saw how bad my alpha of Agitation was where it was all over the place with a nice looking room :s

Anyone else got any comments, put anything together in the editor, etc?