Turok (PC,360,PS3)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ZippyDSMlee

May 11, 2006
Its not the fantasy sci fi game of the N64 ttiles but some lame modern generic army man thing (I swear devs are going gay hulks in uniform ><), theme rant aside I have read mixed reports over the direction of the game they started out with fun weapons then changed pace alil with overtly realistic weapons.

And I recall some issues with dinos can rain meaty stew but human targets die whole......

From what I have seen I can guess its like UT0X(nerfy weapons) with dinos and reload and some odd mellee attacks.

After buying into Bioshock I feel dumber from playing it will this be another mainstreamized crap fest or will it be a solid and fun game, anyone want to make a guess on how bad it will be?

I kinda liked EVO some but its still a 4 or 5..... and for me thats the range D3 falls into :p

BS is a 5 or a 6 I can see the good designs but they are poorly implemented....

ZippyDSMlee

May 11, 2006
What no one is even interested in the new turok game?
Sure they raped the spirit and theme from it and slapped in a generic merc theme....but....it can't be a total waste :p

ZippyDSMlee

May 11, 2006
I'll buy it for PC (march it comes out), I'll play it, but it just ain't Turok without...

..Turok.

I dunno 3 was awesome despites its issues, for me Turok is a multidimensional sci fi FPS with Native American mysticism under pinnings without these its just mindless generic fodder....

Even Prey managed to be more than generic fodder even tho it never really left its trappings....

Zarniwoop

is cool
Jan 20, 2008
Ceredigion, UK
I hope it has a massive endoftheworld style weapon like the chronoscepter.
But yeah, without being a native american wandering through catacombs of dinosaurs and spaceships full of dinohybrids it's not quite what I remember it to be.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I played the demo and it's mostly Knife action all the way, reapeting the same animations over and over again. Dinos keep pushing you on the ground, then you knife/push them, and if you pushed them you will more likely be knifing them again.

It's really dumb, the bow is a awesome weapon though, it should have been promoted in the whole game, and they shouldn't ever have made knifing so easy, any retards can go away with such controls. Also, the enemy solider AIs are just killing the game TBH.

ZippyDSMlee

May 11, 2006
I hope it has a massive endoftheworld style weapon like the chronoscepter.
But yeah, without being a native american wandering through catacombs of dinosaurs and spaceships full of dinohybrids it's not quite what I remember it to be.
The problem is they see the mysticism/fantasy aspects of the series as something that limits sales, why use "Turok" whenthe can slap in a half bred give him the name of the hero and make him dance the ex army/army jig set to a even more simplistic story than the befor...its rather insulting to Turok fans watching them turn it into a overtly post modern realist FPS.

Hopefully this generic mash will have some lumps in it.....

ZippyDSMlee

May 11, 2006
Turok Evolution pwned! *expects cloud of doom*

EVO was ok I liked the flying zones, but unlike the last 2 games that were laid out as "adventure" FPSs EVO was a too much of a gun and run for tis won good, and the new "Turok" game is just as bad, its not a grand FPS just another forgetful 20$ romp.