"Pruning Reachspecs" Freeze

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SilverHairDevil

Aug 29, 2004
By the way hey everyone. im new in the forums but not in NC3. Anyhoo, i'm done with my map, accept that it will not finish rebuilding. at about a 10th of the way (the "loading" bar on pruing reachspecs) it stops working, thusly im forced to ctrl alt delete. It just freezes at the same spot.

FaCTS: when i rebuild, ive never seen pruning reachspecs before. it just started doing this after i vehicle pathnoded the joint.

ThiNGS I'VE TrIED: rebuilding (twice), rebuilding pathnodes (once). I'm not sure if this topic shouldve been in the beginning map area...sry if it shouldve been. PLEASE HELP SO I CAN RELEASE THIS MAP.

XepptizZ

What are you lookin at...
May 17, 2004
In solitude
This is what I've heard around here if it freezes when "clean up" ut99. Dunno if it's the same though. There could be 2 pathnodes on the same spot or a pathnode inside a brush or outside the level.

SilverHairDevil

Aug 29, 2004
XepptizZ said:
This is what I've heard around here if it freezes when "clean up" ut99. Dunno if it's the same though. There could be 2 pathnodes on the same spot or a pathnode inside a brush or outside the level.
thx but i need more comments. From ut2k4 plz :(

what if i put the vehicle pathnodes close together, as close as normal pathnodes?

Last edited:

vindicate

totaly unreal!
Aug 13, 2002
netherlands
Visit site
i don't think reinstall will help. but i would never give up, like with rebuilding. With the old editor you could open the log, so you could see wich pathnode he is busy with. That way you could figure out with one it is. Btw did you delete your vehicle, see what happens.
If it doesn't help. I don't know how big the map is, but you might try e-mail the map to me, or post it on nalicity (i know the only want completed maps, but lets try fix it before anyone notice). I think it is an stupid bug, that easy to fix but hard to find.

SilverHairDevil

Aug 29, 2004
vindicate said:
i don't think reinstall will help. but i would never give up, like with rebuilding. With the old editor you could open the log, so you could see wich pathnode he is busy with. That way you could figure out with one it is. Btw did you delete your vehicle, see what happens.
If it doesn't help. I don't know how big the map is, but you might try e-mail the map to me, or post it on nalicity (i know the only want completed maps, but lets try fix it before anyone notice). I think it is an stupid bug, that easy to fix but hard to find.

thx dude, but im very confused...map is converted version of DOM-Seppuku Gorge to VCTF, (it's not something like DM-RrajigarLE100 or any of those crappy one-health-vial-move-here maps, though i added numerous far east static meshes that help defensive gameplay A LOT and moved a lot of objects that block vehicle paths, however the terrain isn't naked of trees and light posts. I have a feeling that my vehicle pathnodes are way too close to each other (as close as walking bot pathes)

AS A LAST RESORT: i noticed that the bots worked fairly well WITH VEHICLES without vehicle pathnodes, and seemed to follow the normal paths fine. If i or any of u dont find a way out of this mess, should i resort to this possibility and release the map???

PS i'd like to hear from a few more mappers (not that i dont trust u guyz) b4 i attempt to delete (how many?) vehicles. THX anyhoo. HELP ME.

vindicate

totaly unreal!
Aug 13, 2002
netherlands
Visit site
you can always update your map to version 1.1 for example. Only good mapdesigners never close their map until it is perfect in his way. So stay open for updates. ofcourse if you relese it perfect its best. beleve me, you will find your own updates ones you played it for many hours. There is always something what gonne bother you.
To figutre out about the numbers of vehicles, just play the map many times. try different difficulties with bots, and the number of them. Then you will notice when you think its best.
Just trying to say don't relese it to soon while you could figure things out yourself. Think about it with to soon relesed games, those moastly need many patches.
And about paths, as long you think bots are running fine, why change it. And to figure out about the distance of pathnodes, open an official map.

SilverHairDevil

Aug 29, 2004
vindicate said:
you can always update your map to version 1.1 for example. Only good mapdesigners never close their map until it is perfect in his way. So stay open for updates. ofcourse if you relese it perfect its best. beleve me, you will find your own updates ones you played it for many hours. There is always something what gonne bother you.
To figutre out about the numbers of vehicles, just play the map many times. try different difficulties with bots, and the number of them. Then you will notice when you think its best.
Just trying to say don't relese it to soon while you could figure things out yourself. Think about it with to soon relesed games, those moastly need many patches.
And about paths, as long you think bots are running fine, why change it. And to figure out about the distance of pathnodes, open an official map.

i've two scorpions, three hellbenders, and a tank on both sides, thusly 12 wholesome vehicles yay! .................................so, yeah. Help por favor?

vindicate

totaly unreal!
Aug 13, 2002
netherlands
Visit site
i would test your map if you want, but you have to figure a way to do it, my mail has max 10 mb. The sise of the map or the playble sise of the map, and the count of bots will learn how many vehicles are good.

SilverHairDevil

Aug 29, 2004
yeah okay. If someone other than me doesn't figure this **** out, within 5 DAYS... it's :mad: over. :angst++: Thusly i will delete thy vehicle pathnodes, see if it works, and if it does i'll release it. Just don't give me crap about no vehicle pn's because it really isn't my fault. :blueflag: :sniper:

SilverHairDevil

Aug 29, 2004
SilverHairDevil said:
yeah okay. If someone other than me doesn't figure this **** out, within 5 DAYS... it's :mad: over. :angst++: Thusly i will delete thy vehicle pathnodes, see if it works, and if it does i'll release it. Just don't give me crap about no vehicle pn's because it really isn't my fault. :blueflag: :sniper:

Fordy

Jul 10, 2001
York, UK
www.planetunreal.com
In ut99 this used to work: Select a Pathnode.

Right-Click it and click 'Select All Pathnodes'.
Right-Click again and goto 'Order' and click 'Last'.
Rebuild

Needless to say, save a copy of your map before trying it, just incase ;)

Chavez1

Oct 4, 2004
Are you sure it is not working, at a big map, it takes sometimes a very long time. But I had a similar problem due to forced pathnodes, had some wrong names in there.