Frustrating shortcut question.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

god.less

Nov 17, 2009
I installed the game, and have been playing it for a good few days. I made a shortcut in my Steam Games tab and have the actual shortcut to the mod itself on my desktop. My problem now is that the game will not run at all. Every time I tweak the target spot for the game, it either doesn't run, or gives me an error.

This is where the game is starting in:

"C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries"

and this is the target:

"C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe" -mod=..\TheBall

Is there something wrong there, I can't seem to figure this out.

Edit: Unreal Tournament 3 runs just fine.

Last edited:

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
This is how it looks for me, be sure to don't mix up Start In and Target.

ballshortcut.jpg

You have Patch 2.1 yes? That is the UT3 black edition.

What error does it give?

The game really is installed in program files yes?

god.less

Nov 17, 2009
This is how it looks for me, be sure to don't mix up Start In and Target.

ballshortcut.jpg

You have Patch 2.1 yes? That is the UT3 black edition.

What error does it give?

The game really is installed in program files yes?

I have patch 2.1 installed. The game was installed correctly and I was able to play it for a few days. Then, all of a sudden, every time I tried to launch the game, an error message:

theball2.jpg

Here is my Start In-Target Box:

theball1.jpg

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
Do or did you had any previous versions installed?

There is a log file here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Hourences\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Logs

Launch.log and/or Launch2.log. Run the mod, make sure it crashes, and then post the log file here. It may hold some clues. It must be something simple somewhere.

god.less

Nov 17, 2009
Do or did you had any previous versions installed?

There is a log file here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Hourences\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Logs

Launch.log and/or Launch2.log. Run the mod, make sure it crashes, and then post the log file here. It may hold some clues. It must be something simple somewhere.

I uninstalled all previous versions of the game before I installed the final version.

Here are the launch backup files; the Log files appears to be empty. Hopefully this helps.

Attachments

• Launch-backup-2009.11.18-23.08.15.txt
    944.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Launch-backup-2009.11.18-15.53.04.txt
    3.1 KB · Views: 14

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
Doesn't say much, but according to google this happens more, also to an unmodded UT3. It is something specific in your my documents folder. Could try to delete all files in C:\Documents and Settings\Hourences\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config so you get new and default ones.

Could try deleting all the ones that are NOT named "DefaultSomething" here too C:\Documents and Settings\Hourences\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\TheBall\Config

god.less

Nov 17, 2009
Doesn't say much, but according to google this happens more, also to an unmodded UT3. It is something specific in your my documents folder. Could try to delete all files in C:\Documents and Settings\Hourences\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config so you get new and default ones.

Could try deleting all the ones that are NOT named "DefaultSomething" here too C:\Documents and Settings\Hourences\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\TheBall\Config

Alright, thanks, pal. I deleted all those files and the game now works fine. Only problem; it deleted my saved game. :( No worries though, thank you again.