Game settings via the console?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ZIRB

Inhuman
Feb 24, 2001
Sweden
www.zirbaction.go.to
Is there a way to change game settings when a game is running using the console? Most important for me at the moment is to be able to change as things as World Texture Detail Level and Bit Depth... (Example why: Some maps are computer killers and it would be smooth to reduce graphic level "on the fly")

Z

ZIRB

Inhuman
Feb 24, 2001
Sweden
www.zirbaction.go.to
just press escape when that map comes up thus bringing u to the menu make the change then escape back. I do it all the time!
Thanks but sorry... That's unfortunately no news! :rolleyes: I do that also but it has the problem that you black-out the game, and at least on my system, everything outside the game itself, in the interface, is frustrating slow. :mad: Is that that same for everybody?

So... I wish to change graphic settings using the console instead if that is possible. I wish to avoid the slow INF-interface as much as possible! :rolleyes:

Z

DJSatane

Aug 4, 2001
cuih.speedline.ca
Type 'preferences' in console to get ton of options and if you run on D3D then you would modify stuff under Rendering>Direct3D. However not all options are there, best is to edit manually Infiltration.ini file sections under

[Engine.Engine]

and

[D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice]

if you use D3D of course.

/\-DJSatane

ZIRB

Inhuman
Feb 24, 2001
Sweden
www.zirbaction.go.to
Thank's! I will test that! :)

But I don't use D3D. I'm on a Mac G4 / Rage. So if someone know anything special worth to know about controlling the graphics via the console on that system; please let me know!:rolleyes:

z

ZIRB

Inhuman
Feb 24, 2001
Sweden
www.zirbaction.go.to
I'm on a Mac G4 / Rage. So if someone know anything special worth to know about controlling the graphics via the console on that system; please let me know!
No need for that! It was a dialog window that poped up! Really super! :p

By the way... I discovered (I'm soooo smart...:( ) that unrealtournament.com have a particular page in this subject... Check out Console Command List if you're interested... :p

Z

Last edited: