CCW Question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
I'm wondering how many in the community are licensed to carry concealed.

Of those of you who are, or who are plain clothes police (or those of you who carry whether or not you're licensed) I'm wondering what the best holster type is.

I want to balance comfort, concealability and ease of access. I've been thinking that an IWB holster in the small of my back would be best, but today as an experiment I stuck a paperback book in my back waistband and drove to work.

It wasn't comfortable (and a gun will give less then a book).

Anyway, any ideas or opinions would be appreciated. (keep in mind that I will be carrying a small gun... a Taurus PT-145)

RogueLeader

Tama-chan says, "aurf aurf aurf!"
Oct 19, 2000
Indiana. Kill me please.
You don't need a license here in Indiana. There is no legal difference between a concealed weapon or any other. One of the few good things about this state. And a good thing its that way now, because we used to have one of the highest murder rates in the nation. Now Indianapolis is commonly used as an example of how gun control fails; a lot of gun rights people compare D.C. with Indianapolis because D.C. bans all guns but has a ton more murders

the real pacman

Gwen's my hoe
Sep 1, 2000
Zund you ****! I was going to purchase that gun and you told me to get a P10. WTF is with that! Anyways I still love the Taurus Millenium PT-145 But I don't know if the small of your back would be the best place to hold it. I can immagine it would be uncomfortable. Why not go with the hip or side of your chest.

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
Pacman, I still love the P10, but I could buy 2 PT-145s and a box of HydorShoks for the cost of the P10 :) Plus I'm a little concerned about carrying a single action cocked, locked and loaded ;) (I will own one someday)

As I know the best holster (speaking about speed) is non concealed one. But for concealed...
Non concealed would also be a lot more comfortable :). In Kansas it's legal to carry unconcealed anywhere but the cities of Wichita and Topeka (and believe me, if there is any city you want a gun it's Topeka :rolleyes: ). But carrying concealed is only a misdemeanor (and most police around here are very pro gun-rights, so as long as they trust that you are a law abiding citizen they will usually let you alone...even if they know you carry).

If I do carry, I'll do so as thought it where legal (so I won't wear it out to the bar, or into a post office or stuff like that). But I work down town, and frankly I don't always feel comfortable going out to my car if I work late.

I kind of like this holster...I think it will provide a variety of placements and won't require me to be wearing pants with a belt.
http://www.action-direct.com/defender.htm

I also think I'm going to get a good fannypack holster. I do a lot of bike riding...even at night. Actualy other then the one time I was robbed, I've felt the greatest threat from undesirables while on my bike.

the real pacman

Gwen's my hoe
Sep 1, 2000
That is a good point Zund, price is always an issue with the world ethese days, nice holdster too. Is your life worth $34.95?

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
What about some french product ?
clin.gif

9652.jpg
9652b.jpg

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
The one you gave the link, point the gun from your stomach to your lower part too, no ?

Last edited:

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
Maybe the "Thunderwear" one wouldn't be too bad.

Here's from their FAQ...
How safe is this type of carry? I'm concerned especially where it's located.
Thunderwear Holsters are the safest Concealed Holsters you can own. First, the weapon is on top of the sensitive area of your body pointed down in between your feet. It's impossible to get your finger on the trigger until you extract your weapon. The fact is you actually feel more secure because your weapon will act as a "CUP" to protect the sensitive area of your body if under physical attack

Now I don't know about the "CUP" part, but I think my boys would be safe ;)

Eliwar

-
Aug 14, 1999
_-_

Here in Michigan, we are supposed to get a bit relaxed on who can get CCWs but the offset of it being more restrictive on any other aspect of it is too much for me to consider getting one when I turn 21.

My parents and I went to a CCW training class (shooting range was fun as hell, I beat the sh<b></b>it out of my dad in target practice, getting noticed by some of the gun range regulars, and I got to try dual sig .40 pistols which I only got the target 6 times out of 20 rounds and 10 meters :p ) and we learned that stuff like if the gun or holster accidentally is shown, you can be fined 5000 dollars and have your CCW revoked for 3 years. Failing to tell any officer that you have a CCW gets the same punishment, any civil infraction, misdearmener, or felonly carries the same punishment or more. Any violation twice will get it revoked permanently, at least $5000 dollar fine, and 120 days in jail (at least).

So the way I see it, I'd rather just take my chances and wear it exposed on my hip were I don't need a permit

If I did get a CCW, I'd use a shoulder holster or a in-the-pants holster