Gargoyle (UT)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

CheapAlert

ONSLOTFEST '94 FOREVER
Get the UTSM Gargoyle SDK!

Hey, its been a whiel.....

I hope for a wide variety of skins on this one due to simple uvw's and low polycount :p

One shot shows the rust skin, and as you can see in the corner, the hud doll is working. XD

The other shot is the "Cory", the black/red gargoyle that I still love. (Skin was made out of inspiration of the garg from RPGMaker2000, which fitted VERY well on the model)

Attachments

• utgargrustdoll.jpg
    utgargrustdoll.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 103
  • corycoll.jpg
    corycoll.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

Selig

Feb 1, 2004
Any chance we may see a few gargs from Disney's series?

CheapAlert said:
Hey, its been a whiel.....

I hope for a wide variety of skins on this one due to simple uvw's and low polycount :p

One shot shows the rust skin, and as you can see in the corner, the hud doll is working. XD

The other shot is the "Cory", the black/red gargoyle that I still love. (Skin was made out of inspiration of the garg from RPGMaker2000, which fitted VERY well on the model)

CheapAlert

ONSLOTFEST '94 FOREVER
}{ero /\/\ata said:
so,when will it do out for us to test run?
Not for a while. I'd like to release this soon as well but I'm actually waiting for a couple of skins to come finished *coughcough*ANTI*coucghooucgh*Wildcard*coughcough*Morpha*coughcouh*
Selig said:
Any chance we may see a few gargs from Disney's series?

OH CRAP GOD NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
maybe Brooklyn later on..... but everything else, ACK :p

Last edited:

Selig

Feb 1, 2004
dizzynee gargs

I dunno, Brooklyn would be cool but I wouldn't dismiss the others offhandedly... Goliath would be neat. He'd look good with the big guns. A few of the females (Angela, Demona) would also be pretty cool. Lol, and imagine their big rottie type garg running around on two legs with a gun... There are plenty of other cool characters in the series that may be neat ot mess around with. I recall a group who were adversaries to the Gargoyles, and they became cyborgs later in the series.

As I recall, that group (Of 5 I think) competed in tournament combat. Come to think of it they'd all probably jump at the opportunity to compete in something like Unreal Tournament.

Just something to think about... Look at Japanese animation a lot too, there are dozens of cool characters people haven't even considered making into models for the game yet. I find the whole thing so complicated I'm still straining to even understand the basics of Unreal Editor. When I learn enough I suppose I can try to give it a shot too, but don't expect something spectacular for my first.:p

CheapAlert

ONSLOTFEST '94 FOREVER
Selig said:
Just something to think about... Look at Japanese animation a lot too,

Anime doesn't interest me much though, I get very little influence from it. :O
It's just that I didn't like the Gargoyles show and I'm not that interested into making stuff from it. I can do most of some else though and i've got a gallery of different gargs to base my model's ideas on :p

Hehe, and on your attempts, good luck :) (Oh and you don't have to learn the basics of UnrealEd to model, you can start with modeling in blender or Milkshape, and rigging it to a PSK skeleton for UT in Milkshape, exporting and doing the finishing touches (sound, hud doll, etc). My model is generically called "Gargoyle" so i'll try to put up alot of skin variety for it.. heh.

I've added a link to the SDK for those who want to skin it. You'll need UTSkinmaker to use it.

Last edited: