Masked Texture Shadows

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SoSilencer

Harry Goz (1932 - 2003)
Nov 27, 2000
unrealdev.net
Since it looks like it might be a while before 2.86 and EAS I have decided to wait for that until I finish my jungle map I've started another map. I only just started it today but it's coming along very nicely.

What I'm wondering is, does anyone know if it's possible to cast a shadow from a masked sheet? Like if you have a masked railing texture on a sheet I want it to cast the shadow of the texture. I know I've read stuff about this but it was a long time ago and I can't find the articles anymore. I don't NEED to use sheets but I want to keep the polygon count as low as possible so using an alpha map to cast the shadow would be the fastest (I'm using high quality shadows for the entire map so keeping the geometry simple is kinda important).

Any ideas on how to simulate this shadow would be appreciated. It's not vital but it'd make the map look soooo awsome.