Half life 2 delayed

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I wish they would have done something like quote an ACTUAL email or something like that....I hate just taking someone's word for it.

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
BeoWolf said:
What I hate most is when developers can't keep their realese dates. Dammit, if you're not going to make it, don't say you will :mad:

:|
Better than releasing a horribly buggy game

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
oh noes! NO COUNTNARSTRYEK FOR HL2 IMEDYETLEY TEH COUTNARSTRYEKARS NOW HAEV TO WAIT OLOLOL

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
This isnt the first time Valve has had conflicting infomation with someone. They claimed once that they were for sure releasing Half-life 2 on the Xbox, while Microsoft was saying no thats not happening, and this came after Valve said they want Half-life 2 on the Xbox. :lol:

Toolvana

RL hostage
Nov 24, 1999
Satellite of Love
www.toolvana.com
I will be shocked if this is actually true. After Valve learning the error of their ways with HL, I thought for sure the September 30th ship date was rock solid.
Unless of course, Vivendi is either being pressured by vid card manufacturer's for some reason, OR they are just ass munches and want to start shiznit.:con:

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
http://www.shacknews.com/

A number of gaming sites out there are carrying word of an alleged Half-Life 2 delay according to some folks at Vivendi Universal who are publishing the title retail for Valve Software. However word doesnt seem to have traveled down to Valve according to an email pulled from the Steam forums. (We havent been able to directly confirm or deny with anyone at Valve yet) who might know a thing or two about that. timm of Shacknews comments fame already pointed out this Gabe Newell response:

First time I've heard about this.

So there you go, dont panic just yet as Valve Software decides when they ship, not Vivendi. Valve says there is no delay (that they are aware of, and well.. if anyone is aware of a delay it would be Valve), then there is no delay. Things are still on target for Sept 30th until/unless Valve says otherwise. This is of course assuming the email is legit. The bit about something like this coming down from Vivendi is a bit far fetched too given Valve's situation so what the hell. We'll have word here for you guys as soon as we hear from Valve.