UT2Vote58

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
UT2Vote 59 - Released February 2009

Name: UT2Vote
Version: 5.9
Description: A Voting mutator for UT2004
Comments: Over 50 Games can be configured and over 50 odd Mutators. Clan Match and Warmup options also available with Game Setup options. Extensive Admin options also available to configure each Game seperately.
Credits: ProAsm & Team - Socke, [PHX]Big_Deal, Assraker, PoW, Imaginos, frogger, sh0V3l, hmishima, Mephisto, tuco, CvRoy, Nikki, De$tiNy, Yakomo
UT2Vote Website: http://www.proasm.com
UT2Vote58 Download: http://www.proasm.com/files/ut/UT2Vote59.zip
UT2Vote Team Support Forum: http://forums.beyondunreal.com/forumdisplay.php?f=501

Changes and Fixes in UT2Vote59
1. Ghost Maps.
Fixed the problem with several ghost maps app-earing on the client New and Top menus.

Changes and Fixes in UT2Vote58
As there were several small bug reports and some requests we updated the mod to include these as follows:

1. Unban Player.
Fixed the Unban Player bug in the Kick Menu.

2. Counter overlap.
Fixed where the UT2Vote image was overlapping the counter.

3. Unban Button.
Fixed the unban button changing incorrectly in the banlist.

4. Console Commands.
Fixed the console commands to be more compatible with AntiTcc 2009.

5. Silent SpecSpy.
Added Silent SpecSpy for the Admin.
Basically if the spectator is an Admin, the player will not be told he is being watched.

6. Ban Players.
Added the option for a Semi Admin to ban players.
Please not this is an addition to the ini file and needs to be added as follows:
Code:
[UT2Vote59.UT2VoteSemiAdmin]
SemiAdmin=(Password="None",SwitchMaps=False,SwitchMuts=False,SwitchGames=False,KickPlayers=False,[b]BanPlayers=False,[/b]GamePassword=False)

7. Pause Game.
Added so a Semi Admin can now Pause / Unpause a game.

A special thanks to Socke and Big_Deal for the testing of UT2Vote58/9.

http://www.proasm.com/files/ut/UT2Vote59.zip

ProAsm

Last edited:

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
Thanks ProAsm and nice new avatar :)

We must admit, that we 2 testers couldn't test really everything. We focussed on the changes, but it might be possible, that the concole-command changes have impacts on other things, we didn't find.

So feel free to post your discoveries ;)

Carpe Diem

Feb 3, 2009
Don't know if this is the right spot to post this, but is a "best fit" for what is available...

Trying to get the VoteMapCheck section functioning, and unsure of how it actually works.

Set bMapChecks=true

Added map parameters;

[UT2Vote59.UT2VoteMapCheck]
CheckMap=(MapName="DM-Contrast",MinPlayers=8,MaxPlayers=20,GoalScore=10,TimeLimit=10)

Booted server up, hopped on alone (with one bot) and voted to map "DM-Contrast"...

I expected that UT2Vote would either not allow the map to be voted, or would come up with some sort of messaging indicating an in-sufficient player count ?

help, and thanks.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Mapcheck does not relate to Bots.
We had it like that in the beginning but people complained that maps could not be tested etc using a Bot so instead of counting Bots/Players/etc we made it relate to Players only.
Also make sure you are not logged on as any sort of admin as that too, over rides everything.

Carpe Diem

Feb 3, 2009
Thanks PA...

The Bot was just... hmm.. there ? :) Server is set for one bot. My line of reasoning was this, I was one player, so I should not have been able to vote a "minplayers=8" map in; is that correct ? I will try it again today but I am sure I was not logged on as an admin. Stay tooned...

[edit]

Ok, all confirmed... will not work.

If I set MapChecks=True and a map (Contrast in my example) to MinPlayers=10, I expect to NOT be able to vote that map in unless there are 11 players on the server... is that the right expectation for UT2Votes functionality ?

I tested it alone, and was able to vote it in (not logged in as admin). :(

[edit edit]

Ok, I'm a dumb-ass. I didn't realize that the maps would not show up at all if the player count was not high enough. Now I see that is the case. Sorry.

Last edited:

Carpe Diem

Feb 3, 2009
MapSize Voting ?

So we went through our entire "garage" of maps, created a sizing for every single one. Added them all to the [UT2Vote59.UT2VoteMapCheck] section as per this example...

CheckMap=(MapName=“DM_Flight Unleashed",MinPlayers=12,MaxPlayers=20,GoalScore=10,TimeLimit=45)

ensured that bMapChecks=True in the [UT2Vote59.UT2VoteIniOnly] section.

When I am the only player on the server, I can still vote any map I want (not logged in) when I expect to only be able to get on a map where MinPlayers=1.

helllp ??

NEGATIVE-0[SM]

Nov 25, 2008
www.slackersmotivated.com
I have a question for you? What happens when 2 players are on? Can you still vote for any map? I see his point ProAsm... But I look at it this way... UT2Vote is set up for Servers having more than one player. Am I correct?

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Correct, as I said before, Bots do not come into the calculation.
When only 1 player is on a server, the game gets treated like a Instant Action game.
You need 3 or more players for this function to kick in.

Carpe Diem

Feb 3, 2009
Correct, as I said before, Bots do not come into the calculation.
When only 1 player is on a server, the game gets treated like a Instant Action game.
You need 3 or more players for this function to kick in.

ahhhhhh- HA ! Ok, damn... wish I had known that before I pulled what hair I have left out over this :lol:

I will run it live later on today and hopefully, it will work.

thanks

Carpe Diem

Feb 3, 2009
We still cannot get the server population/maps available function working. Here are the settings we have:

[UT2Vote59.UT2VoteIniOnly]
NewMapButnText=
NewMapMenuText=
bDisplayRec=True
bDisMapCon=False
bDetectUTComp=True
bNoClientWarn=False
bNoPlayerMute=False
bNoCenterMesg=False
bUseRandomMap=True
bUseRndMapList=False
bSortOpinion=True
bWeaponStill=False
bSpectatorSpy=False
bMapCheckSpecs=True
bGameRepeatLimit=False
bMapChecks=True
BanMinLevs=5
BanMaxLevs=99
MapListSort=0
WaitForLevel=60

It is easiest to see it "not working" when we have 10-20 players on the server; the following maps are available to be voted...

[UT2Vote59.UT2VoteMapCheck]
CheckMap=(MapName=“DM-1on1-Albatross",MinPlayers=1,MaxPlayers=6,GoalScore=10,TimeLimit=45)
CheckMap=(MapName=“DM-1on1-Alpu3",MinPlayers=1,MaxPlayers=6,GoalScore=10,TimeLimit=45)
CheckMap=(MapName=“DM-1on1-Argel",MinPlayers=1,MaxPlayers=6,GoalScore=10,TimeLimit=45)
CheckMap=(MapName=“DM-1on1-Crash",MinPlayers=1,MaxPlayers=6,GoalScore=10,TimeLimit=45)
CheckMap=(MapName=“DM-1on1-Desolation",MinPlayers=1,MaxPlayers=6,GoalScore=10,TimeLimit=45)
CheckMap=(MapName=“DM-1on1-GardenOfStone",MinPlayers=1,MaxPlayers=6,GoalScore=10,TimeLimit=45)
CheckMap=(MapName=“DM-1on1-Idoma",MinPlayers=1,MaxPlayers=6,GoalScore=10,TimeLimit=45)
CheckMap=(MapName=“DM-1on1-Idrus-due",MinPlayers=1,MaxPlayers=6,GoalScore=10,TimeLimit=45)
CheckMap=(MapName=“DM-1on1-Incuvasion",MinPlayers=1,MaxPlayers=6,GoalScore=10,TimeLimit=45)
CheckMap=(MapName=“DM-1on1-Irondust-Fix",MinPlayers=1,MaxPlayers=6,GoalScore=10,TimeLimit=45)
CheckMap=(MapName=“DM-1on1-Lacrima",MinPlayers=1,MaxPlayers=6,GoalScore=10,TimeLimit=45)
CheckMap=(MapName=“DM-1on1-Mixer",MinPlayers=6,MaxPlayers=10,GoalScore=10,TimeLimit=45)
CheckMap=(MapName=“DM-1on1-Obsidian",MinPlayers=1,MaxPlayers=6,GoalScore=10,TimeLimit=45)
CheckMap=(MapName=“DM-1on1-Roughinery",MinPlayers=1,MaxPlayers=6,GoalScore=10,TimeLimit=45)
CheckMap=(MapName=“DM-1on1-Sae",MinPlayers=1,MaxPlayers=6,GoalScore=10,TimeLimit=45)
CheckMap=(MapName=“DM-1on1-Spirit",MinPlayers=1,MaxPlayers=6,GoalScore=10,TimeLimit=45)
CheckMap=(MapName=“DM-1on1-Squader",MinPlayers=1,MaxPlayers=6,GoalScore=10,TimeLimit=45)
CheckMap=(MapName=“DM-1on1-Squall",MinPlayers=1,MaxPlayers=6,GoalScore=10,TimeLimit=45)
CheckMap=(MapName=“DM-1on1-Tangora",MinPlayers=1,MaxPlayers=6,GoalScore=10,TimeLimit=45)
CheckMap=(MapName=“DM-1on1-Trite",MinPlayers=1,MaxPlayers=6,GoalScore=10,TimeLimit=45)

As I understand it, if this function is working correctly we should not even see these maps available for voting if there are 10 players on the server ? If thats wrong, exactly what/how does this component of the mutator function ?

thanks,

CD

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
As the coder this is about as far as I can go and need help from someone with experience to answer your question.
According to the code these are the rules and conditions.
1. If bMapchecks=True and MapLimits=0 and Maps Min/Max players are not according to the UT2VoteMapCheck then Hide the map from the voters view.
2. If bMapchecks=True and MapLimits>1 and Maps Min/Max players are not according to the UT2VoteMapCheck the map will be visible but the following message will appear to the voter if he votes for this map:
< Map is not suitable for 'x' Players >

So in accordance with your setup, if you have MapLimits=0 in your GameType then yes, the map should be invisible, otherwise the voter will get the message.
However, according to the code, if the game has ended and a player suddenly leaves thus upsetting the NumPlayer situation, its quite possible everything can get cancelled.

Also one needs to remember that the bMapCheckSpecs= also plays a large roll here as if this is set to True the spectators also count towards these totals.
Secondly if you have additional map prefixes in the AltMapPrefix= of the gametype, this also screws the situation.
Another thing to look for is if you use a Linux server or some Managing program that assists the admin, watch out for map spelling and case sensitivity.

Other than that I'm afraid I cannot help any futher.

Carpe Diem

Feb 3, 2009
Thanks for the info PA, I'll double check some of the other settings and see if I can figure out anything.

peace,

Carpe

Liquid77

Jul 18, 2009
ProAsm is it possible too add just the GUID's to the ut2vote59.ini. With UTAN going down I was wondering if I could add just the GUID's to the ban list. There are close to 2000 bans though so I am testing it on a LAN server right now. However the configuration below does not work probably because the IP and Name don't match the GUID? Most of the bans we see on our server are a single GUID and multiple IP's and Usernames? Any help here would be great.

BanPlayer=(NickName="UTAN",UniqueID="4230fjj7a6cafda49fed3f4200fa97kk",IPaddrs="123.123.123.123",Levels=111)

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
The only time the IP address is used is if you set bUseUniqueID=False in the UT2Vote ini file, otherwise it only uses the UniqueID's.
The only time one should set bUseUniqueID=False is when playing on a LAN or where friends use the same installation and share CDKeys etc.
Although it can also be a problem if bUseUniqueID=True and a home network joins as they will all have the same ID and will get booted, but thats something that does not often happen :)

HornDog

Propeller head
Sep 27, 2003
horndogshouse.com
UT2vote 5.9
Is there a way to reboot the game after 3 hours with out changing to default game?
Code:
[UT2Vote59.UT2Vote_GameSwitch]
bMultiSetup=True
SwitchToGame=(SwitchHour=0,GameName="Onslaught",ClassName="Onslaught.ONSOnslaughtGame",DoSwitch=true)
SwitchToGame=(SwitchHour=3,GameName="Onslaught",ClassName="Onslaught.ONSOnslaughtGame",DoSwitch=true)
SwitchToGame=(SwitchHour=6,GameName="Onslaught",ClassName="Onslaught.ONSOnslaughtGame",DoSwitch=true)
SwitchToGame=(SwitchHour=9,GameName="Onslaught",ClassName="Onslaught.ONSOnslaughtGame",DoSwitch=true)
SwitchToGame=(SwitchHour=12,GameName="Onslaught",ClassName="Onslaught.ONSOnslaughtGame",DoSwitch=true)
SwitchToGame=(SwitchHour=15,GameName="Onslaught",ClassName="Onslaught.ONSOnslaughtGame",DoSwitch=true)
SwitchToGame=(SwitchHour=18,GameName="Onslaught",ClassName="Onslaught.ONSOnslaughtGame",DoSwitch=true)
SwitchToGame=(SwitchHour=21,GameName="Onslaught",ClassName="Onslaught.ONSOnslaughtGame",DoSwitch=true)

I tried this but it doesn't appear to be working.
The reason is to reset the game clock so my Stats time are not too far off on my web site.
I use a non standard game speed. link

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
your ini only switches the gametype. It doesn't restart the server.
If you run it on a linux machine and have full access to it, you might set up a cron-job for it, but that would restart the server, no matter, if players are on it, or not...

HornDog

Propeller head
Sep 27, 2003
horndogshouse.com
your ini only switches the gametype. It doesn't restart the server.
If you run it on a linux machine and have full access to it, you might set up a cron-job for it, but that would restart the server, no matter, if players are on it, or not...
Rebooting the server is all I need. I would rather not have players on the server at that time.
If I had the command to shut down a running batch file I could restart using a windows cron (Scheduled Tasks). I have the command to shut down a service (net stop <service> but that doesn't help. I even tried to setup my servers as a service but that didn't work. Took to much time to start and timed out. I have another server running UT2Vote59 to change default games every three hours and it works well. This server only has one game, Onslaught. I might consider adding more games just to have UT2Vote59 to it's thing. I have a request at the Epic forum for a server actor to reboot the empty server but I'm not holding my breath for any thing to come of it. I wish there was a way with UT2Vote59. Maybe you can add this feature to your next update, most of the code is already in place. :)

Last edited: