The DOOM3 thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
Just picked up this game the other day and it playes in SP excellent. I love the use (or lack of it) light in the map. The way they force you to use the flashlight adds to the mood of the map. Dark corners and hidden passages only found with the flashlight make using it a must. I don`t know how far the map\game goes but i`ve been playing it for a couple two days in
Marine mode and have gotten to the Delta Lab Sector 1. No-joystick support meens a whole new game for me as now I`m looking with the right hand and moving with the left hand, just the oppisite of the joystick set-up. The detail level is good, and it plays great, makes you wanna keep coming back for more, and that`s a good judge of any game, how bad you wanna keep playing it. The game has some built in v-sync as I can change the detail level, AA and whatever and the game still pegs out right at 60fps on the 6800 GT card.
Anyone else have any oppinions on DOOM3??

darth_weasel

I won
Apr 20, 2002
UK
darth-weasel.tripod.com
i think i said this before, on some forum, but i dont remember if it was here so ill say it again

it has absolutely no new gameplay tricks, it does nothing new outside of the engine, but it does all the old stuff ten times better than its been done before.

the only thing is the spawning enemies got to just be annoying after a while.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
I'm in the level after the enpro power plant.
I love the game. so scary but also directly brutal.

Innominate

Soul
May 29, 2004
Philly, PA
innominate.250free.com
The game is quite disappointing besides the graphics. At first the game was really fun but as I progress the theme gets extremely trite and my fears of the demons, sounds, and atmosphere just mitigate into none. It got so boring for me that I had to resort to the chainsaw to kill nearly everything, I even kill Hell Knights with a chainsaw (Leather-Face got nothing on me). The bosses aren't quite what I expected them to be either. Overall id didn't bring anything new to the table besides their graphic engine but Epic's developing U3 engine will seem to blow that out of the water. For single player action I perfer Halo over Doom3. Doom3 is overrated and too hyped up, the same thing goes for Half-Life 2 even though it hasn't come out yet. Fear factor of Doom3 is nothing compare to Silent Hill, Doom3's fear factor is similar (in my scale) to Resident Evil: Rebirth version for Gamecube.

I played on "Normal" difficulty and if you suggest playing it on hard, my response is "waste of time."

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Innominate said:
The game is quite disappointing besides the graphics. At first the game was really fun but as I progress the theme gets extremely trite and my fears of the demons, sounds, and atmosphere just mitigate into none. It got so boring for me that I had to resort to the chainsaw to kill nearly everything, I even kill Hell Knights with a chainsaw (Leather-Face got nothing on me). The bosses aren't quite what I expected them to be either. Overall id didn't bring anything new to the table besides their graphic engine but Epic's developing U3 engine will seem to blow that out of the water. For single player action I perfer Halo over Doom3. Doom3 is overrated and too hyped up, the same thing goes for Half-Life 2 even though it hasn't come out yet. Fear factor of Doom3 is nothing compare to Silent Hill, Doom3's fear factor is similar (in my scale) to Resident Evil: Rebirth version for Gamecube.

I played on "Normal" difficulty and if you suggest playing it on hard, my response is "waste of time."

since you're just a forum troll anyway...

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Bot_40 said:
Confirmed since he actually had something positive to say about halo's single player :con:

yep, I actually wanted to highlight that part but couldnt be bothered in the end.

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
Man, you got alot of screenshots at that site!! '
Where did you find the working arcade game?? I only found busted ones. :p

doom_3_00725.jpg

I need a way to beat the final boss now, the thing is massive, and it`s like your in a mind warp, or your running in mud.....and there`s lots of red....