cow head shots?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
This may be a stupid question, but I'd never thought about it before.

I was in a game with the sniper rifle, and was being chased by a Nali War Cow. I unloaded several shots (it was running straight at me) and killed it. But then I thought, "hey, my sight was directly on its face" Is it possible to get head shots on the Cow skins? If so where do you aim? It seems like it would be easy since their head is in the front/middle of their body, but I can't ever remember getting a head shot on one.

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
HAHA!

I just went in and set a bot as a crappy, slow cow. I took the sniper rifle, shot it in the head... nothing.

Then I shot the gun on its back... "HEAD SHOT" HAHA! That's just cool. I'd never really thought about this before, because I hardly ever see the cow skin used.

DragonAsh

Hentai-like
Feb 10, 2000
yeah man, good question.

I got a head shot once, but it was whe ni aimed for the weapon on top.

Although people have said aim for the middle

Big giB

Keep out of reach of children.
Jul 28, 2000
BC, Canada
Visit site
Forgive me my warcow breatheren, but I must reveal the secret of the WarCow headshots which will be the death of many of you. Why? I dunno. Anyway, if you shoot the WarCow on its little gun thing, the head wll come off. Rememebr, you hafta shoot it at the very TOP, square part. Think of where the head would be if it was a normal human model.

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
Per definition, a headshot in UT is a hit in the upper 1/3 of the model box.

For the cow, it's the weapon carrier. Press the "Face" button in the player setup and it will show you the 'head'.

I wonder if there is a head flying away, when you shot the weapon carrier.

RizMan

rizm0
Jan 7, 2000
Luxembourg
cgi.ethz.ch
That is something I asked myself too. Thanks for the answer Cleaner.
Btw, how is the damagezone (don't know how you call it)handled in UT? Is it the same zone for every model, or does every model have an other zone. I mean, is it asier to hit a Skaarj than a thin womanmodel, or are the ones the same?

Lord_Dragon[FB]

that's some cold ****
why does no one know this?

okay, someone explain this to me. everyone who uses a cow skin, including myself, knows that the weapon is what to hit for a headshot for a cow. why do very few other people know this too?
i've heard this question so many times cause people complain at me for using the skin cause they can't headshot me. for me, the cow is the EASIEST to headshot.
i'm not criticizing anyone for not knowning, but why is it so many people don't?

as for the question about whether or not it's easier to hit a skaarj than a woman model...well, sometimes it seems like it, but i doubt it's true. then again, i wouldn't know too well though. just like it seems cows are so vulnerable to the ground and nalis seems to have bullets go right by cause they are so skinny, your example works too. i just doubt it's correct though. it would seem unfair (although it would be appropriate...you choose the skin you like the most and take the risks of it likewise...sounds somewhat feasable).

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
About smaller models being harder to hit:

If you use the Fatboy mod are the thinner players harder to hit and the fat ones easier... or does it just make them harder and easier to see?

If the big ones are easier to hit, I would assume that the same is true for thinner/thicker models even without the mod.

When I did my little test (second message in the thread) The gun on the mount spun around and the body fell dead... I didn't notice anything fly off though.

I think the reason a lot of people don't know to shoot the gun on the cow, is that very few people use that skin. I know that I'd never even considered it before, although when you see that shooting the head doesn't result in a head shot, the upper-most part (gun) is the next logical target. I know that the cow use to be considered the newbie skin because some people thought it had an advantage over the others. Maybe if there are this many people that don't know how to get a headshot on one it might actually have a little advantage.

Da'Man_

Aug 3, 2000
Eastcoast
Visit site
Just thought i would add 4 anyone who doesnt know how to headshot the skaarj skin ya shoot him in the neck or upper chest since he really doesnt have much of a neck.