Virus Alert

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
Just got this in the mail from myCIO.com:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>VBS_Stages Virus Profile:
This is a multi-application Internet worm, with intentions to spread using one of four spreading mechanisms. This worm takes advantage of installations of Pirch, Outlook, mIRC, and also spreads to available mapped drives. Do not open any e-mail attachments with the following header information:

Subject: Funny
Body: The male and female stages of life.
Attachment: LIFE_STAGES.TXT.SHS<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Watch out.

------------------
Ah, a 1978 Chateau de Zaccix. The perfect accompaniment to any meal!

JESUS CHRIST

Masterful
Feb 23, 2000
Red Bank, NJ
Visit site
Just spent 2 hours cleaning it up from our network. Somone from work opened it. It was a TXT attachment. Title was Stages of Life. Showed up in Norton as Bloodhound.Vbs.Worm. This one is a b*tch.

bullet2.gif

Got Flak?
A.K.A Big Keg O Death

Prophetus

Old Fart
Dec 4, 1999
...standing behind you...
Yep, the Air Force just spent all morning and this afternoon cleaning the systems out. But nothing was damaged. Geez, do people have anything better to do than screw with our systems. Many of you spent hard earned dollars for your system only to have it played with by some geek. I hope they catch this person and rack em.

bullet2.gif

[Ci]Prophetus][PuF][

CAPTURE! Home of CTF map reviews, strategies and Forums.

Kukuman

HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT
Mar 27, 2000
Bothell, WA
I hate to brag, but I was spared from ILOVEYOU and the many copycats, including this one. Those are the advantages of not giving out your E-mail address. :D

bullet2.gif

Kukuman|PuF
Batai D'va! http://www.realsystems.ws/

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
GCS d- s-:-- a--- C+++ UL++ P L++ E--- W++ N+ o? K? w O? M-- V? PS PE Y PGP? t--- 5? X-
R+ tv+ b+ DI D- G e- h! r--- z--
-----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
http://www.geekcode.com/

Tortoise brand, the pot cleaner, specially selected, the pot cleaner, the best pot cleaner in the world is specially selecteeeeed, it's Tortoise braaaaand!

PuF|Hertston

Dec 23, 1999
Plymouth, UK
Visit site
And our system AGAIN (UK gov dept.) And the only exterior link we are supposed to have is with the company contracted to install and maintain our computer network !! Will people never learn.....

bullet2.gif

PuFs in Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace........go 707th !!

Kaz

Godlike Drunken Spammer
Jun 21, 2000
California
I also hate to brag but I was spared by all of the PC-centric viruses in that I own a mac and never use outlook, heh my PC's that I have to service were having **** fits though pissed me off, people use our internet access computers to create online e-mail accounts then they open virus mail and screw everything up. Im gonna kick the next persons *** that does this for sure.

bullet2.gif

I am the one...and you
are not!

Why do they call
apartments "apart" if
they are all right next to
eachother?

[BuF]Wacky

Mar 24, 2000
Glasgow, UK
imperialconflict.iscool.net
I've never contracted a virus via e-mail. I never open anything from someone I don't know, but sometimes a virus will spread from a friend whos entire contact list was mailed. In this instance I've either recognised the virus (thanks to you good people :)) or I've just been plain lucky not get one. Most of my mates are pretty well clued up with these things so I'm less likely to end up with a virus anyway.

I have had CIH once though.... fu.cking thing wiped me out twice ( I got it from a dodgy copy of Dune 2000, over 2 years ago and me and my LAN group were amoungst the first in the world to be hit) :( :( :(

bullet2.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

D

DSV_Selerox[PuF]

Planetunreal Mail is down at the moment. Could this be the cause?

bullet2.gif

The new, improved Soundoff will return...

&lt;[Ci]Skumboy|PuF&gt; And the moral of the story is..... pffffffft, what moral? i just banned Blender!

&lt;DSV_Selerox[PuF]&gt; Yes I'm LordKhaine's brother (unfortunatly)
&lt;RaptoR[PuF]&gt; but you're not retarded, how can u be related?