TKc Wins the 1st PuF Tourney!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I_B_Bangin

habitual line stepper
Aug 6, 2000
Boston, MA
GGs all!

Attached are demos from my point of view.

I SuK

BTW DeeperShade, you played a key role in helping us get to the finals. It sucked that we couldn't do a 5 on 5 for the finals, but you were good enough to sit and cheer us on, so we appreciate the fact that you put the team first. Thanks dude.

I_B_Bangin

habitual line stepper
Aug 6, 2000
Boston, MA
Put the .dem files into your UT "system" folder, then load UT.

Hit the Tilde ~ key to bring up the system console

Type:

Demoplay NAME

with NAME being the dem name. Using mine as an example

Face2.dem would be "Demoplay Face2"

WebSlinger

bNotNegative != False
Feb 29, 2000
Oklahoma City, OK
and let's not forget the Deepershade Gold and Silver trophies for the Champions and 2nd place winners !!

OK, 2nd tourney will not begin for a while, I have to do feature adding and full bug testing on the tourney system before the next go around. Maybe the dust will have settled by then and people will be rarin'(sp?) to go!

Wish me LUCK and most importantly congratulations to all players!!!

My_Oozing_Eye|PuF

The Original Brother Ooze!
Apr 7, 2000
Minneapolis, MN, USA
Visit site
THanks!

To all you noobs and average players... download those demos and watch them! It will be the best thing you can do to improve your skills!

Thanks for the demos guys... nothing like watching the master of defense (Roo) dominate a game!

Rooster a couple of questions...

1.) I saw you toss your weapon on a couple of occasions... is this to give weapons to teammates? I;ve never seen it happen before.. seems to make so much sense to me now though.

2.) You seemed to rarely be at full health. I always seem concerned about buffing up on health and armor... is this conscious? or are you just so damn hard to hit health doesn't matter to you?

3.) Any good (or bad ) strategy ploys you want to point out for those of us wanting to get better?

MOE

My_Oozing_Eye|PuF

Apr 7, 2000
Minneapolis, MN, USA
Visit site
hehehe

Good point bangin! I hadn't thought of that. I was also surprised at the amount of ammo that Rooster went through. I'm not saying he was a spammer ;) but I frequently have this dillusion that great players hit every time they pull the trigger.

I'm re-watching the demos to see what other clues I can pick up.

MOE

P.S. Noobs also watch Banging's demos as they show a different, but equally effective style!

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
How about that storm tonight MOE? Any tornados near you?

Rooster a couple of questions...

1.) I saw you toss your weapon on a couple of occasions... is this to give weapons to teammates? I;ve never seen it happen before.. seems to make so much sense to me now though.
Bangin' answered this. I often found I had only 1 or 2 shock ammo left. Let me tell you, there is NOTHING worse than going to complete a combo and all of a sudden you've got an enforcer.

2.) You seemed to rarely be at full health. I always seem concerned about buffing up on health and armor... is this conscious? or are you just so damn hard to hit health doesn't matter to you?
Heh.. actually, the more time you spend hunting around for health - the less time you spend guarding your base. I never had time because Shai (especially) & 'Fect were always in our base. As a defender, you don't depend so much on powerups (armor) cause you're gonna respawn in the same area. A lot of people that play me come to the realization that you gotta kill me at least twice to get my flag. Normally though, I definitely stay healthed up (and armor if it's readily available (LavaGiant, Bollwerk)

3.) Any good (or bad ) strategy ploys you want to point out for those of us wanting to get better?
Hrm.. well, learn the hammer/boot jump alias. That's probably the biggest change to the UT scene in the last year. It's the hardest to defend against and the jumper covers so much ground it's hard to get a 2nd chance at stopping him. As well, if you're offense, don't waste too time getting armed. Go take the enemies weapons & ammo! Defense, if you play outside your base, and die, you get to spawn (generally) inside the base, or at least closer to your flag than when you died, giving you another shot at the would-be flag carrier.

My_Oozing_Eye|PuF

Apr 7, 2000
Minneapolis, MN, USA
Visit site
YIKES

That storm was for REAL! I was on 394 and 100 when the hail hit. Fortunately I got home (50th and 100) without any real damage. I heard the southern burbs (as usual) got hit pretty hard... aren't you south of the river? No tornados here.... how about down south?

1.) that ammo thing makes too much sense for me to use it ;)

2.) That's a great attitude... I gotta turn my NG stats off agin so I stop caring about dying :(

3.) Hammer jump boot alias? OhOh looks like I need another demo... :) Please Please Please

MOE

Status
Not open for further replies.