UT stuck in windowed mode!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Wile E Coyote

Jan 30, 2000
Visit site
Every so often, UT gets stuck in windowed mode. Clicking on the full-screen button doesn't switch it.
The only way I know to fix it, is to do a complete reinstall of the game. Is this a known problem of UT, getting stuck in windowed mode?

I'm using UT's Direct3D mode with Hercules TNT 16mb
running the very latest drivers.

{SOA}_=X=_Dra'gon

Masterful
Feb 1, 2001
CA, USA
Visit site
Dra'goN to the rescue!

I'm using a Voodoo5 card overclocked to 174 MHz and have the very latest driver.I have the same problem you do. For me D3D sucks on UT on my computer so I've always used OpenGL and It works GREAT. Full speed even with all of the texture details set to high and 4xAA on my card! Also when I have tried using D3D in the past I couldnt change the volume while playing the game from my keyboard along with some other issues. If you have to use D3D in full screen mode then just change the Z-Buffer Optimization from false to TRUE. This will fix that. Hope this helps