BioShock Infinite Hits North America Oct 16

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
2K Games announces that BioShock Infinite will be launching in North America on October 16, 2012 on the PS3, 360, and PC. It will be available internationally on 19 October.

According to an Irrational Games twitter post, Infinite will be using Steamworks.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
Games release on Tuesdays in the US, games release on Fridays in the rest of the world. Releasing them on Fridays means we can have midnight launches and weekend long gaming sessions without affecting the normal working week.

Sort it out, USA!

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Games release on Tuesdays in the US, games release on Fridays in the rest of the world. Releasing them on Fridays means we can have midnight launches and weekend long gaming sessions without affecting the normal working week.

Sort it out, USA!

I'm actually glad they release on Tuesdays. Tuesdays are usually my slow part of the week and chore days, so... yeah. Tuesdays are good for me. I dunno about everyone else. Weekends are usually my busiest times.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Most people don't work weekends. Games releasing on Tuesday comes form the movie industry and makes no freaking sense.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Can't wait for Cleavageshock to arrive.

Or was it Bioboobs?

Either way that game where the dude created this girl to be top heavy, yet doesn't want anyone to notice her top heaviness, but rather her personality.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Wtf, does it matter when it releases?

Release it when it's ready and play it when you have time.

Or is it some sort of e-peen thing where you have to play the game before or at the same time everyone else does?

Most people don't work weekends. Games releasing on Tuesday comes form the movie industry and makes no freaking sense.

Actually it's pretty smart when it comes to movies imo. Not everyone will be able to see movies during the weekdays so it won't be as crowded on release day, and by Friday when the weekend crowd comes, the movie will have already been out for a few days so it won't be as crowded then either.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Actually it's pretty smart when it comes to movies imo. Not everyone will be able to see movies during the weekdays so it won't be as crowded on release day, and by Friday when the weekend crowd comes, the movie will have already been out for a few days so it won't be as crowded then either.
I meant retail release of movies. Most theater releases are on either Wednesday (to increase "first weekend" numbers) or Fridays (to score huge loads of people on opening night).

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
What's shit with staggered release dates in films, is you get months between regions (by which time the film as been spoiled-to-fuck by the time it gets to your region). The same has applied to some games, but at least with only a few days different it's not too severe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
What's shit with staggered release dates in films, is you get months between regions (by which time the film as been spoiled-to-fuck by the time it gets to your region). The same has applied to some games, but at least with only a few days different it's not too severe.
Yes, in today's world, region restrictions make no sense and are dumb.

Phopojijo

A Loose Screw
Nov 13, 2005
Canada
A lot of software is released on Mondays and Tuesdays so that developers are on the clock if day one catastrophes occur.

Butttt yeah the Tuesday launch schedule for video games is a movie tradition.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
just in time for the great Halloween.

I'm sure they'll remind us when we get closer, so don't worry about holding your breaths, and with such a date to be announced that should mean it will be plenty FINISHED by the time it's released, right?
If not, they shouldn't feel ashamed to change the date to the 17th or 6:32pm on the 18th. I'm sure we'll live through the heart ache.

Last edited: