UT3 DM-DragonLord[BETA][PC][Pics][Download]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lord_Hades

Jun 5, 2008
Name: DM-DragonLord
Version: Beta 1
Compatibility: PC only (PS3 version will be cooked for the full release)
Description: A medium DeathMatch level for 4-8 players using the Shangri-La packages/ assets in almost 3 weeks.
Comments: I'd like some feedback on the levels, especially regarding these points:
-Lighting (too dark? too saturated?)
-Weapons placement
-Collisions
-Performance
-I didnt test much in the different detail levels (I only played in High detail), if there is anything strange in lower detail levels, let me know!
There are some things I dont like about that level, but I'd like to know opinions about the level before I say anything. Although there will probably not be major layout changes, suggestions are welcomed :)
Screenshot:

Credits: Alex 'Lord_Hades' Vancomerbeck for the level
Cory 'Spoondog' Spooner for feedback and playtest.
Homepage:
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?xg4mohyiwhv

Last edited:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I had a few minutes to run through it this morning and here are my first impressions.

- It's a very pretty map.
- The location/build seems pretty believable in most cases.
- The sight lines are a bit long in a few places. The Sniper Rifle is going to be overpowered. It's not a bad thing to have a place or two to use it, but I'd say a good twenty-five percent of the map or more can be viewed from each of those spots.
- It seems as though there are quite a few jump pads. When there are more than one or two, I always suspect that they were just added later to compensate for unplanned connectivity. I would much rather have seen stairs or lifts in most of those places as jump pads just seem out of place in a map like this. Of course, that's mostly preference, but lifts and stairs also offer more control and tactics.
- The reflections in the water standing on the ground seem to be lacking some shader or setting as it's quite plain to see that it is simply a tiled image.

DarkSonny

Beware!
Apr 8, 2008
Malaga, Spain
- The reflections in the water standing on the ground seem to be lacking some shader or setting as it's quite plain to see that it is simply a tiled image.

I agree in that be careful with nightlights projection upon surfaces like the water and walls ( I love that reminiscent lunatic blueish light in some places ), as Hal said Im ok too.

Im thinking....from those pics, where is the moon? Ifthe moon is semihidden I would'nt add too moonlight, the sky is very covered ( I wolud add shaders from some cloud towards ground and tree too, all those asian houses Must be affected by this point). Dunno Its my opinion, overall nice map very creible

Last edited:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
oriental atmosphere at night done very well, interesting dragon statues and sky is very different; gameplay is good as DM but even more fun as TDM. No map downloads at the usual spots.

EmoLevelDesigner

May 30, 2012
This time we have some nice landscape with Japanese houses. There are water, piers, mountains and lighthouse in the distance. The design is beautiful and detailed well. It is worth to note well picked ambient sounds. Small river is definitely a nice touch to the terrain. Unfortunately, I don't know much about multiplayer gameplay, so I can only say that it's enjoyable. There's nice contrast between cold outdoor area and warm house.

After reading DarkSonny's comment about moonlight, I noticed that there is blue light that comes from nowhere. It can't go from the sky because there's nothing emitting blue light there, so more fitting skydome would make this map look better. Oh, I even have an example here - left screenshot in my signature! There are also tiled reflections aforementioned by hal, and there is a sewer pipe which ends with a wall - which somehow don't stop the water which runs through it. But these are not big problems, because you won't notice them during a hard fight.

Last edited:

Tux Android

Voice Pack Penguin
May 19, 2011
Philippines
Good map. [Final]

Very well done with the atmosphere at night, visuals, details, ambient sounds, custom meshes, lake view, and skybox. Good style with the lighthouse, statues, foliage, trees, dozens of paths, weapon/item placements, and tower thingies with wormholes in the sky are much like beanstalk(ish). Fun play for TDM as the bots are interesting (and very well for DM and/or Betrayal gametypes).

Note: This is the final release version of this map.

PC: http://ut3.ut-files.com/index.php?dir=Maps/DeathMatch/MapsD/&file=DM-DragonLord.zip
PS3: http://www.ut3mod.com/2009/04/deathmatch-map-dragonlord.html