Aside from Envy...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Watch out, Dakin! He's teh uber-1773 staff! Ph34r! Plague! Pestilence! He can smite you with his spear of big-headedness!

:rolleyes:

Faded Soul

Sniper
Apr 30, 2001
New York State
www.backyards.com
Uhhh so scared? :p

Anyrate, this being slated to release forever in the future hopefully some badass hardware comes out that I can spend too much money on. I supose I should budget $3.5k for the next big computer upgrade I do.

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
I think sweeny said a while back the engine is designed just to render a shadar effect as fast as possible based on the shadar version of the graphics card or something.
So if you have a ps2.0 card then the effect will still look the same, but it will just take multiple passes to render so it will be slower.

T

Tournament0

Don't worry everyone! NVIDIA and/or ATI will probably make a new graphics card and it will probably run this game nicely.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
That's funny, because I'm returning to nVidia because ATI has me more than slightly disappointed.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Yeah, it feels weird... I actually stuck with nvidia even though ATI runs uengine better, due to prioritization for api, but I figure, there are so many other games that use gl, that, if I did wanna try Doom3, or the next Quake that comes out :)

I've bought cards for this franchise before, yet had no hesitation with that decision.

T

Tournament0

NVIDIA, the way it's meant to be played. :tup:
Do I need to say anything else? ;)

L0cky

UT Envious
Jan 21, 2004
www.utenvy.com
The min will be dx9, not sm3. There isn't a card that can't do dx9 and would be able to run it above a slideshow anyway. If someone has a rad9600 or a gf5200 then at least they'll get the game up and running and want to upgrade.

btw:
Unreal Tournament = UT1
Unreal Tournament 2003 = UT2
Unreal Tournament 2004 = UT2 Expansion Pack
Unreal Tournament: Envy = UT3

If you think UT2004 a sequel then you probably think GTA: Vice City is GTA4, Doom3: Resurrection of Evil is Doom4, and Painkiller: Battle out of Hell is Painkiller 2.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
Sir_Brizz said:
That's funny, because I'm returning to nVidia because ATI has me more than slightly disappointed.

You know you miss nVidia, don't you? I have yet to try an ATI card.

Dark Pulse said:
Do try not to rub me the wrong way, Dakin, or a genie will fly out of my arse!

Corrected. ;)

Last edited: