Why im such a bastard about SOB and ILCR

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BattlePriest

Confessor to the fragged
Apr 30, 2001
Hinsdale, IL
fccorps.home.attbi.com
All that I have done has been to better the community, I tried to revive the ILCR in a time when the community was falling apart, I tried to revive the community istelf with ifniltration "just come out and play" days, I tried to get the "official clan of infiltration" to help support the community and the ONLY league of infiltration, and I didnt badger them for it..I merely asked for them to come back to support the community they had so graciously supported in the past. My initial requests for such cupport were either ignored or greeted with hostility and yes..that same immaturity that BC is accusing me of. after the initial militant reatcion to my requests..yes I got annoyed, I got upset with the SOBs beligerance and holier than thou attitudes. I tired to get them to explain why SOB no longer would even attempt to support the inf community, but all I got in return to those inqueries was more beligerance and attitudes akin to "we dont have to explain ourselves, were the official clan of infiltration ans always will be regardless of whether or not we support it with servers or play the game" (that is nearly a direct quote I got from one of you. But you see I didnt hold on to the icq "evidence" like you so anally did. You tell me not to slander you about things I know nothing about...I think I know quite abit about it....I was immersied in it the seocnd I joined the ILCR team.... what I still dont know about it is WHY. Casue no one at SOB woudl explain WHY. But you knw what? I dont care about WHY anymore.

Now you ask me to let it go... I tell you what, I will, I'll even apologize to whichever SOBs I have to, On two conditions.

1.) That the SOBs start acting like the official clan of infiltration again by starting up and supporting servers again, (like at least responding to requests for map changes) and supporting ANY league that may try to form regardless of who is running it or which clan has control of it.

2.) I get an official apology be it public or private, for the way i was treated by members of SOB (DB excluded) from the second I joined the ILCR team. For no toehr reason than that I was a member of the ILCR staff.

DO THAT, and I will not only let it go, I'l write a full long winded apology for my past actions and words and post it here.

Last edited:

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
SOB is hardly the official INF clan. If they are, then that is really sad. SOB is also not known for being really good with people. This goes way back too. I used to send email after email about 2.75 servers having the same old lame maps, and I wanted something new from time to time. After no replies, I finally got immature, and told them off. Of course then they replied. And not just the few I emailed, but the whole damn clan. Those guys are really unresponsive to emails, so I wonder why they even have them. DB is probably the worst in that department. I guess the reason I heard, was that they are so famous, they recieve hundreds of emails a day, and have no time to reply to your worthless ass, and your stupid emails. They need to have a note next to their email addresses: "Only cool emails accepted". Too bad we don't know what cool is. Basically I don't really care. If you look at SOB as not being an INF clan, much less the official INF clan, you probably wouldn't get so mad. Me, I'm just holding a grudge from a long time ago, and I'm keeping the grudge, because SOB has yet to change their server policies.

[SOB]bAd ChIcKeN

Free-Range Pain the Ass
Feb 6, 2001
www.sobservers.com
then by all means dont play on our low ping servers, matter of fact dont care one way or the other, not happy start your own. oh wait you cant.. DB does more than sit around an await your damn email, he has a job to boot, does all he does for the community without so much as a thank you from you ungrateful female dogs. Look I really dont give a damn if you hate SOB or myself or our Servers, you dont like em dont play on them, dont ask us for the use of our PRIVATE league servers. Then all will be well I wont have to listen to the bitching and you wont have to play on our crappy servers.. there everybody happy?

As for the rest *yawn*

Stupid of me to post, as someone once said " Dont Yell at the Deaf, its a tragic waste of time!!"

chicken out

Last edited by a moderator:
Drama queen

Wow BP you really like to think of yourself as some kind of selfless protagonist who actually had anything to do with the success of the ILCR. Thats hilarious to me. The ILCR rocked in spite of you. Anrky and others did the real work. If you really want to help INF why dont you stop making inflamatory posts and ticking people off. You went from being a mildly annoying over-exuberant fanboy to a world class pain in the tail. Please stop here and now- you really drive more people away than you could ever hope to attract. I thought maybe you could see the writing on the wall but in case you cant let me give you some advice. Nobody I know appointed you as the supreme being of the ILCR so back off. Please stop acting like the world or this game revolves around your ego because it doesnt. Its just a free mod for a video game- not a lifestyle. Let people enjoy the game for what it is and if there is a groundswell of support for a league it will happen. If you can muster a clan or team I will be there to kick your but. In the meantime chill out and wait like the rest of us.

Ice

Apr 11, 2002
Visit site
For ****'s sake, lets just drop the whole thing and start anew? We aren't better than anyone else for any reason, be it ideas or private servers or ANYTHING. Therefore, if someone has a suggestion, listen to it, even if you don't agree with it, and don't flame him to let him know that you don't agree with it.

You can all thank Max Sterling for finally drilling the "Flaming for fun is stupid and dumb" arguement into my head. Even if it was with deck screws ;)

BattlePriest

Confessor to the fragged
Apr 30, 2001
Hinsdale, IL
fccorps.home.attbi.com
Who the hell are you PhuzzyBear.. Ive never seen you play
inf once in my life...or are you using a psudonym in the forums?...

I never said I had anything to do with the success of ILCR. I said I was trying to help get it back on its feet...why dont you stop reading blatant lies into my posts...

Theres a zillion poeple in these forums that do nothing but complain..and do nothing about it..I tried to do something about it..as did several others...Anrky Included...As did Hatter, as did Fenris a multitude of peopel who helped both me and hatter develop the rules systems for both leagues.

I'm tired of people like you and so many others who give me and the other useful people in the community **** for trying to change things for the better.

And Mr chicken.... I think you need to get someone else as a spokesperson for SOB.. your obviously not qualified to deal with people in a civilized manner. I gave a first proposal in how we could resolve not only our differences..but the differences between the entire INF community and SOB.... From a mature civilized person I would have expected a counter proposal not a "talk to the hand".

But now... I think its time I cay goodbye...Im sick of this ****..I'll just have to stick with Bots and forget I ever tried to do anything.

Forum admins..Please delete my forum accounts ASAP... I'm done...

Last edited:

[SOB]bAd ChIcKeN

Free-Range Pain the Ass
Feb 6, 2001
www.sobservers.com
Look I bought our INF servers I will be admining them I will be playing on them I think I am a good spokesperson, look at a few of my recent posts on other matters not involving your inflamatrory posts. I am VERY QUALIFIED, I of all people know the crap your pushing, not to mention you attacked us first for your own fragile glass ego, I ask you to view your own post about you coming back I even said nice things to you. link here:http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=113367&page=2. You wanta fight not a mature conversation hence all your replies, not only to me but to Phuzzy, who has a point, albeit one you wont admit too. So stay out of my way and I will be out of yours. SOB will provide Servers and a good place to play as we have always done, dont like it play somewhere else. But attacking me or DB will always get my response in this fashion. Make a note of it.

melagne

blah
Dec 6, 2002
Does this kind of junk really need to be posted in the "General Discussion" forum? Jeez, I have no knowledge about the issues that are being argued over, and I don't really care either - I also happen to suspect that a majority of the people who view these forums would share my opinion on this. As, I suspect, the Inf community may see quite a few new members pretty soon, this isn't the kind of thing (If I were a newbie) that I would like to see in General Discussion. For that matter, I'm not a newbie, and I don't like seeing it either. IMHO, grudges like this (or whatever the hell they are) belong in "Off Topic", or simply be kept out of the forums entirely. Even better would be all parties to just start on a clean slate.

Fenris

[-I-]Fenris
Aug 4, 1999
Hamburg,Germany
www.inforcers.org
Well. What I can't understand, but then again I never understood that, is that there is a) people that get a hard-on from being the official-something and b) that there's people even bothering to care whether someone is the official-something or not.

Hell, this is a free mod. You can do whatever you want with it. It's a stupid as saying RA was the official muty for INF. Or RAIL the official alternative to ILCR. Or even black being the official color of darkness.

Every little bit about this mod is volountary (however that is spelled...). So, you want SOB to do or don't something. They don't care. Now guess what, both of you are right! You got every ****ing right to live out your masochism and optimism in trying to make this world a better place, and they got every right to do something else.

Whatever has been done in the past is set in stone and can't ever be made better or worse by whatever is done or might be.

If you think something is right. Do it. There are gonna be people appreciating it, however few they may be. But do NEVER demand or expect other people to be like you, think like you or act like you. What SOB has done stands unchanged by what they neglect to do lately.

And what is most important in my eyes. Do not endanger future progress with clinging to past situations. SOB did. BP did. I can prove it. BlaBla. If you want SOB in the ILCR. Fine. Invite them. If they choose to abstain. Why bother? Check the servers. Find active clans and players. Invite them, too. If SOB wants in, they get as much a voice as everyone else. If they were to demand more. Why not consider? It may make sense.

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
lol scuddie.
bAd_ChIcKeN you're taking things way too personally (and yes, BP does that too). I think he's right when he says you should be more mature and friendly. We all know that "you dont like em dont play on them" bullshkt has never worked ;) some people have to play on your servers because they get bad pings on the euro servers. peace out man :)

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
Man ... I swear some people not only want Infiltration to fail, but they want to wipe out what's left by constantly opening of old wounds in front of the entire frelling community.

Do we really need to add 'BattlePriest vs SOB' to the long list of soap-operas that already includes 'Optimizer vs the rest' and 'BadKarma vs his former devteam' ?

You two want to fight ?
Fine ... but take it to PM, IRC or your own backyard.

I don't give a damn who's right or wrong.
I don't care who was the first to act like a immature non-person to you.

Topics like this are about as useful as sun-glasses at ground zero of a nuclear explosion ...

Gullonefox

TBUILDT Webmaster/Mapper
Nov 27, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
Wow! What a total waste of time. Does anyone here really care this much to get angry about something like this. If you don't like servers and Official clans(What is an official clan btw?) and what not. Get together put your hands in your pockets and buy/rent a server. End of story. Who cares about clans and people and the stamp Official, along with egos and god knows what else? You want good servers chip in and buy one. Then you need not rely on anyone else out there. Plus it cuts out anger and problems. Yay to happiness and fun! not bitching and egos! Play fair kids, share and be nice to eachother, or mummy and daddy with take away your net connection. 8P

Camel_Toe(l)

Form Fitting
Mar 19, 2001
Not Toledo!
I'm sorry to interject in this thread, but

LMFAO @ "SOB, The Official Clan of Infiltration".

nothing like a self proclaimed title to make yourself feel important. The only people who thought SOB was the official clan was their own members. Congrats on supporting the community, but.... LMFAO!

Camel Toe, "The official player of Infiltration 2.85"

Status
Not open for further replies.