Unrealistic stuff with the P90.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
Ok im not sure if this first one is completely true but I think there is 3 versions of the P90 and they all use the same clip which is supposed to be clear so you can see how many rounds are left in it. If this is true was this not implemented due to problems with programming it to show this?

Also the P90 uses the same 5.7mm rounds the FN Five-seveN uses but when you shoot them both the P90 releases large shell casings and the 5-7 releases small ones like the MP5 does. If its the same bullets shouldnt they both be the same size when they hit the dirt? Im not trying to be picky just wondered if anyone else noticed this.

:eek:

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
The clear clip is basically undoable with current conventions.
If what you say about the shell casings is true, then yes, it is a bug. Im pretty sure they use the same ammunition.

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
But the minimi doesn't show 50 bullets at once, only a smaller number.
Keep in mind that the weapon models physically slow down the framerate already.

DooMfreak

Feb 16, 2001
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Re: P90 / Five-seveN

They eject the same type of shell casing.

There are only five sizes of shell casings in Infiltration. The 9mm, the bottleneck, the 12 guage shell, the .50 BMG, and the 40mm grenade. The following weapons use each.

9 mm:
Berreta
Desert Eagle
MP5A3

Bottleneck casing:
FN Five-seveN
FN P90
AKMSU
M16A2
Sig 551
FAMAS G2
HK PSG-1

12 Guage Shell:
Benelli M3S90

.50 BMG:
Robar RC50
M2HB BMG

40 mm Grenade:
HK69A1
M203

Each different calibre has it's own sound effects that play when the casing hit objects. That's where the real magic is.

Zach10k

The AeroMaggot
Apr 6, 2001
NY
Visit site
You are right, the P90 usually has a clear clip (like in my sig) but I have seen shots of it where this is not the case, and it's just yer usual straight black clip. My guess is that it would be too much of a pain in the ass to perfectly model all the extra animation that a clear clip would involve (correct number of bullets, moving through chamber as you fire, etc.... it's a lot of work for some simple aesthetics). If they're going to start pimpin out on the looks, I think they should reskin some of the guns before worrying about sticking a transparent clip on the p90 :D

Trevor_Clim

Is this virtuous?
Aug 6, 2001
Yew
i think the transparent magazine for the P90 wouldnt be much work to realize or lowing the performance.

One possibility is to lay 50 different textures on the P90, one with 50 rounds, one with 49, ....
of course not 50 textures at the same time, they switch

Another way is to convert the P90 to the skeletal animation system. withit it should be no problem to realize a real-looking transparent 50round magazine

Tiran Kenja

CO of Creepers
Feb 26, 2001
www.creepers.org
Originally posted by asmodeus

hm, Minimi showing number of rounds on the belt? Skeletal sh*t?:D

I wouldn't jump to conclusions yurch:p

Ok. Let's just make it clear what a skeletal system is...

This is it: It makes stuff behave in relation to each other.

What is used to do in animation is what is called inverse kinitics (IK). And that is basically , say, a way to figure out how other stuff moves when something they are linked to moves.

For instance if you want to move a hand. You can't just move the hand alone. you need several parts of your arm to move too. And perhaps parts of the rest of the body. So what a skeleton system allows you do. Is to define how much you each joining of limbs can move in relation to each other. And IK then uses it to calculate how much the rest of the body would move when you hand moves.

Got it?

So the skeletal system is not in any way related to how the Minimi shows ammo (well. Perhaps it could be used on the belt to make it move correctly). And it would make little sense to use it for something like transparent ammo clips. What perhaps could be done there is to have a box inside another -transparent - box. And the box inside could then be resized...

Oh. And BTW. The SIG clip is also supposed to have transparent parts to see ammo status.