Aim while jumping.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Streaks

Crunchings and munchings!
Mar 25, 2001
VA
www.incomeforliving.com
N'kEnNy said:
Does it really matter? How many kills have you gotten while falling? How many times have you been killed by someone falling (and shooting accuratly)? How many times have you seen this happen?

People who fall or stumble in high-damage games like Infiltration are more busy worrying about the fall than actually doing damage on the enemy.

You are correct, it really doesn't matter dude. However, neither does the color of shell casings, nor the alignment of the muzzle flash, nor a lot of other little things :lol: :D

Streaks

N'kEnNy

Aug 1, 2003
I live here, Really.
www.ns-co.net
I'm all for keeping with realism and I do believe that the devil is in the details. But endless discussion over tiny annoyances isn't very constructive. The Infiltration team should by now be aware of this thing, and if they deem it a worthwhile project they'll work on it.

On another note I must admit I didn't see you post Streaks. I had read the thread earlier and once I decided to actually spend time responding to it I didn't read through all the new stuff that had been written.

jayhova

Don't hate me because I'm pretty
Feb 19, 2002
Houston Texas
www.flex.net
It's the little things that give a game like INF the "real as it gets" imersion factor. I was noticing while running around Chasm one day that I was able to jump off of roofs while keeping my gun sighted and it occured to me that this was not very realistic. If anyone thinks it is just try it. The realistic thing would be to have the weapon held like in the sprint position as this is how it is done IRL.

Of course I am concerered that a small thing like this might be hard to deal with, but as I recall the bots have a falling animation so logically there must be an event triggered by falling over a certain distance. It follows that one could use that event to the weapon position to the sprint mode. There may be a huge flaw in my logic here as I don't do any UT programming so feel free to flame me if I have made any really stupid assumptions here.

Streaks

Crunchings and munchings!
Mar 25, 2001
VA
www.incomeforliving.com
I'd like to see tumbling when you fall out of control (as opposed to falling while IN control I guess LOL :) )

But then, I do realize that games can only get _so_ real. I mean, go play paintball or airsoft if you want more realism in a game :D (not speaking to any one person mind you :) )