Different Weapons' Sensitivity Bind

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ascetic

Jul 4, 2000
hmmm...i dont quite understand what you are saying...

but if you mean mouse sensitivity, i dont believe you can do that

LightBringer

Jul 30, 2000
Visit site
Sorry.. I am talking about in a normal UT game.

Eg.
When I switch to my sniper.. my X-axis sensitivity of my mouse will 3.0.

When I switch to my rockets.. my X-axis sensitivity of my mouse will 8.0.

When I switch to my mini.. my X-axis sensitivity of my mouse will 6.0.

Etc..

cuz I know in Quake 3.. u can do that..wonder if there is anyway to do that in UT.

:)

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
You can not set the sensitivity per axis; only x/y combined.

The command would be
getweapon <weapon> | set Engine.PlayerPawn MouseSensitivity <value>

For example
getweapon UT_Eightball | set Engine.PlayerPawn MouseSensitivity 8

I hope it works; havn't tested. ;) Pls test and post results.

Go to the site in my signature for a guide on keybinding.

LightBringer

Jul 30, 2000
Visit site
Thanks a lot Pal!!! It Works!!!

This is a neat bind!!! Thanks again!

But there is only 1 slight flaw, that is if u were
to keep pressing that weapon bind of urs, the screen would keep jerking everytime u press the key, probably due to the changes made to the game engine.. I guess?

Prophetus

Old Fart
Dec 4, 1999
...standing behind you...
So, is greater the number more sensitive or lower the number? I keep forgetting that one. And if that bind works...then can someone increase the sensitivity of the translocator to fire it faster? What is the benefits of this bind...I'm at work and haven't tried them out...

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
LightBringer,
I've had that problem with the screen hanging for a split second with some 'set' commands. I'm afraight there is nothing you can do about it.

Prophetus,
the TL delay, that you're talking about, has probably to do with online lag, right?! Offline, it fires instantly. But offline it is delayed by the ping time. This is one of the most severe disadvantages for HPBs ... they can't t/l really fast.

Prophetus

Old Fart
Dec 4, 1999
...standing behind you...
No, I know that...I'm talking about the possibilities of making the fire and alt fire buttons respond faster for a quicker transition. But, never mind...I was only using that as an example. But, will a higher number increase the sensitivity...it should...but I just wanted some guidance on that:)

kamikaze9

Apr 29, 2000
The sensitivity just has to do with how fast your crosshairs move compared to how much you're moving your mouse...

That's a really cool command though, I'd like to have the sensitivity lower when I'm sniping then when I'm rocket whor[/i]ing! :)