attention gamers! something we should all read

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Donnellizer

Fjæsing!
Jun 17, 2001
Ocean Grove, NJ
Visit site
It's wrong to say that the other games WEREN'T given consideration. They were, and the most qualified won. They base it on what the developer says is going to be in there. IF it's in there it deserves it, if it turns out it's not the magazine will end up giving it a bad review. Who gives a flying shit anyway? The awards mean little to nothing! Just like the Academy Awards if some one likes something they will see it. If someone hates the game don't buy it. All they get to do is put on their advert is "Best MMORPG of E3 2001". WOO HOO good for them. The review is actually what matters from a gaming mag.

Mad_Dog

Voice Of Reason
Mar 27, 2001
Soviet Canuckistan
www.planetunreal.com
games shouldn't get awards on potential, they should get awards for what is there. look at the potential of WW2 online... are you going to buy it though? does it deserve any awards? hell no... it's buggy as sh it. to editors now, it's all about the private booths...

Donnellizer

Fjæsing!
Jun 17, 2001
Ocean Grove, NJ
Visit site
Yes, WWIIOL doesn't have all the features implemented but it's a very promising game and a new patch just came out. Plus for now it is free. That's right no subscription fee, and it's already a great game, once they have everything implemented for the Blitzkrieg theatre you will have to pay. But for now it's free, and when all the features are in, it will be worth it. Sure the graphics aren't that great, but graphics aren't everything.

AO, does crash often. But not 4 seconds for me like everyone else says. I'm not that optimistic on it actually, I like WWIIOL better.

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
I never trust any game's reviews done by sites or mags that has an budget in the first place.
The only true reviews came from gamers.
And that comes PC games review. :)
By gamers, for gamers.
Ok, they do have a budget. :D But the reviewers are peeps like u and me.

thornz

Inhuman...yes indeed
Dec 14, 1999
outer circle of hades
members.aol.com
"It's wrong to say that the other games WEREN'T given consideration. They were, and the most qualified won. They base it on what the developer says is going to be in there. IF it's in there it deserves it, if it turns out it's not the magazine will end up giving it a bad review"

basing your opinion of a game entirely on what a developer tells you is like buying a used car without ever driving it. How much garbage vaporware have we seen?

who here reads something awful ?

there are a lot of bad bad (fill in the blank, CD's, games, movies) made by developers with $ behind them, not just to buy booze for the press, but to shove things down the throats of the consumer. When the press decides to fall for the bait yet again and award something to a possible piece of garbage, people should take notice.

Mad_Dog

Voice Of Reason
Mar 27, 2001
Soviet Canuckistan
www.planetunreal.com
Free booze and tits would go a long way to gaining my employment.

true, true... with free games? then you got me bribed:).

look at stupid team fortress 2... i remember a year ago i was pondering the tough choice i would have to make between TF2 and tribes 2... but there was no decision to make. valve are officially dumb now...

developer 1- "lets go to planet half life and make the featured mod retail."

developer 2- "ok, then lets snort some more coke."