UT2 part two

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Hmm. You know. I've been reading around about all of this, and I think that Digital Extremes do have a new game for PC. I think that it is based on DarkSector that they were developing.

Here's a quote from the mentioned article:
There are for now over 30 levels implanted, divided over one "techno Egyptian area"...

Look on the front page of Digital Extremes and you'll see an Egyptian player model.

The article also says:
a world of ice...

on the DarkSector Section, they say "...and then face off in the ice mines of Europa."

The very first line on the DS press release says that "Leading computer game developer Digital Extremes announces it's follow-up to the critically acclaimed Unreal Tournament.".

Yeah, Egyptian and Ice worlds are pretty standard fare in the world of gaming, but it just doesn't make sense that all of these different games are out there.

Either way.. Dark Sector sounds extremely cool. Perhaps it's just not going to be the fully realized, evolving MMO that they originally intended.

Guess we'll have to wait and see...

J. Speed

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
Nov 21, 2001
USA
Visit site
Hal on Dark Sector the news you typed in is quite old about DS.

UC has player models that originate from different planets like the ice planet, the fire planet etc. The movie clip for UC also shows Egyptian architecture and a vast desert. All this points to UC. Whoever started this rumor is referring to UC but still the unanswered question is: Is this for the PC or the XBOX only.

You get total confusion when you create a tossed salad..referring to UC,UW,DS and UT2

Keep in mind that DE was working on DS before they had the opportunity to develop UC and my guess is alot of the concepts from DS carried over to UC.

Also DE was making some good progress in the game Dev. of UC becuase they were posting dev. updates and all of a sudden just stopped....character models were seeing their way into the game.they were working on the HUD and AI I believe... So when you hear a rumor that a game is 70-80% complete what else could they be talking about unless theyr'e referring to Dark Sector or UW.
Dark Sector or UW would be even better.

Dark Sector website below
http://www.3dactionplanet.com/darksector/

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Yeah, I know that... but how do they get out of their exclusivity agreement with Microsoft? ... and what about all the comments from Infogrames/DE saying that UC was for X-box only?

Then again, we still haven't heard anything from DE or Infogrames. Isn't it odd that the people reporting this are general game sites? Maybe we should scrutinize the source a bit, and consider the possibility that they've mucked up the facts.

J. Speed

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
Nov 21, 2001
USA
Visit site
Mucking up the facts is a real possibilty.

Remember MS also had Halo locked up for the XBOX only and it was not scheduled to be released on a PC. That is not the case now. If Halo is coming to the PC, I dont see why DE or the publisher , Infogrames, wouldn't be able to do the same thing.

I also dont believe UC would steal U2's thunder. I would pick up both titles w/out hesistation.

Dai

Orgasmetron
Apr 2, 2000
Finding a new low
Visit site
Originally posted by J. Speed
Remember MS also had Halo locked up for the XBOX only and it was not scheduled to be released on a PC. That is not the case now.

You seem to like mucking up facts as well :rolleyes:

By Bungie's own words, Halo has always been intended for a PC and Mac release after the Xbox release.

You assume too much.