TeamDM Maps...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sandino

I'll Get Me Coat
Jan 27, 2000
Brighton, England
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone know any custom DM maps that play well (and that you can play tactically) for 4v4/5v5 TeamDM? From my experience and from what many others seem to say, UT has very few maps that are good (rather than just 'usable') for TeamDM. Tempest works really well, Deck is always popular (though I think thats helped by its all round quality, its not perfect for TDM) but most of the best DM maps seem flawed in some way: some like Conveyor and Gothic feel too large, others like Phobos and Turbine are too small.

Any thoughts? :)

(BoD) nepenthe

Sayee Lo
Aug 23, 2000
Denton, TX
www.nepentheisland.com
On second thought, Ragna][ isn't perfect for clan play. It's too big, has too many hiding places, sniper perches, etc. Damn fun for casual stuff or FFA, though!

RustyInc still gets my vote, this is a beautiful map for some 5 vs 5.

DM-Nitro isn't bad.

DM-Helleth.

Hmm, wonder if DOM-Ghardhen renamed to DM-Ghardhen would be any good.

Might try DM-Absolution.

(BoD) nepenthe

Sayee Lo
Aug 23, 2000
Denton, TX
www.nepentheisland.com
OK, here are my last recommendations. After this, I'm fresh out of ideas.

DM-Anubis. Ewww, this map rocks HARD. Course, we mostly played it Lo Grav... but it's still fantastic no matter what.

DM-Unreality][

DM-Raiden

DM-Aspire

Akuma

Deacon Massif
Mar 4, 2000
Visit site
I'd pass on Zeto if I were you, m8 ;)

There's not really any quality user maps that compare with Tempest for large teamgames.. Synergy is too confusing, Unreality is too slow, Nitro is a bit small etc.

Problem is good FFA maps don't make good Team DM levels because most of them dont have control points. I dunno, maybe Chronos <pimp> Venom (but more for 2 on 2 or 4 on 4</pimp>

DM suXX0rs anyway :)

Sandino

I'll Get Me Coat
Jan 27, 2000
Brighton, England
lol How did you find me here? :E

You WILL play TDM again, if not I'll... I'll... sulk :)

Cheers for the suggestions all, I'll try em out when I get back next week (and any others that might be suggested, /me says p1mping his own post ;))

darklite

Apr 3, 2000
for some reason DM-Scimitar and DM-Anubis (especially Anubis) seem to get buggier and buggier as Epic releases new versions for me.. has this happened to anyone else?
in the three levelled arena in Scimitar, there's a place where you can kill yourself, as if you fell off a cliff. I really doubt this is totally an error on the author's part either, because TWO NC reviewers gave the map a 10.. and I doubt they're that oblivious :)

I love Anubis, but there's lots of masking problems (that might be d3d specific, I don't remember seeing that in Glide) and I've telefragged a few bots by running over certain parts of the map with 420 on..

nepethe, by the way, the author of Helleth released a new version of that if you weren't aware.. I forget where it was but I'm pretty sure the name of it is DM-Helleth][. it has the same basic layout, but there's a lot more focus on cosmetics and he's added a room or two
he also put in a music track :)
I don't think its on NaliCity, but I'm pretty sure you can find it on the map author's webpage

(BoD) nepenthe

Sayee Lo
Aug 23, 2000
Denton, TX
www.nepentheisland.com
Thanks!

I'll begin my search right after this message.

Regarding Scimitar, that hole in the floor has always been there for me. I really didn't know what to make of it. Haven't spent much time on Scimitar, maybe 3 games ever. It has some really interesting elements, for sure, maybe I'll patch it up in UEd2 and give it another try.

Haven't had many problems in Anubis, honestly. Like I said though, we spent a lot of time there fragging in Lo Grav.

(BoD) nepenthe

Sayee Lo
Aug 23, 2000
Denton, TX
www.nepentheisland.com
:) :) :)

Actually, it is on Nali City. Just played a botmatch 4 on 4, DAMN nice! I see all the new effects and yes, it is now truly a spectacular map. Don't pass on DM-Helleth][ (called Helleth2 on Nali City), people!

It's going on my server.

(BoD) nepenthe

Sayee Lo
Aug 23, 2000
Denton, TX
www.nepentheisland.com
:) :) :)

Actually, it is on Nali City. Just played a botmatch 4 on 4, DAMN nice! I see all the new effects and yes, it is now truly a spectacular map. Don't pass on DM-Helleth][ (called Helleth2 on Nali City), people!

It's going on my server.

darklite

Apr 3, 2000
no problem :)

what version are you at?
I think the masking problems (I could probably take a shot of it if you wanna see) is a D3D related problem..

(BoD) nepenthe

Sayee Lo
Aug 23, 2000
Denton, TX
www.nepentheisland.com
Was at 420 most of the time, I think. Now I'm at 428. In Glide on a Voodoo5.

In Anubis...
It just occured to me you're probably talking about the large windows in the main room (one of the greatest rooms to party in in all of UT! :)) and over the smasher where the button is. Cuz now that I think of it, I think OpenGL had trouble with that too.

Sure, post a jpegged screenie if ya like.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I'm just now getting around to playing TDM (Since it's getting harder and harder to find good llama-free CTF servers these days!). I have noticed that about 3/4 of the maps included with UT are way to small (or arena-like) to play TDM.

I never liked Helleth, is 2 that much better? I never liked Scimitar either.

I did notice that DM-Gothic, Shrapnel][ (standard maps) were a lot of fun to TDM on. DM-Damned should be a good one, and it's large too. DM-Organic is big (although a little gimmicky). DM-Synergy is a nice map.

darklite

Apr 3, 2000
hal: unless the reason you didn't like Helleth was because of how plain it was and not the layout.. then I really doubt you would like Helleth][

I was thinking Organic too, but I figured that map might be a bit too convoluted..

Malevolence might be a good one for a smaller TDM match, 4on4 at most would be my guess